Pics of modified production knives

Does anyone have any modified/customised productions knives. It'd be great to see some. I remember a while back when i enquired about the CRKT M16 come one posted a pic of one with wooden scales (think it was maple). Got any of your own modifications?

DB,This is a Buck 112 I did a while back.It has Cocobolo,Water Buffalo, and Turquoise.Also new peek-a-boo sheath.Dave

fe220ddc.jpg

Originally posted by DEVILZ BLADE
Does anyone have any modified/customised productions knives. It'd be great to see some. I remember a while back when i enquired about the CRKT M16 come one posted a pic of one with wooden scales (think it was maple). Got any of your own modifications?

Hi DB
maybe you remembered my CRKT M16?
The wood is olive, blade polished by hand.

http://www.bigboresmesserseite.de/crkt-m16-03.htm

Sorrily it is not my work, a friend did it (he is not into knifemaking).

My skill was used up with making new leather grips for this KaBar.
KaBar-Sc-450.jpg

:D

Bigbore, love your m16. You can fedex it to me right away:D Remember the thread i posted enquiring about the m16... well sadly i have decided not to purchase it. I love the design but there are lil features i hate about it. For example the checkered thumbstud. I HATE IT. Also i went in to handle it and found that the 03 spearpoint was not big enough for me. Not saying it was too small for my hands but i was looking for something BIG (well reasonably large) and it seemed a little tooooo small to be paying $125 for it. Then my other problem is that if i buy the large 04 model with the tanto blade it would be tooo heavy to carry as a EDC:(

I have though found another knife which i am extremely happy with and have found no faults in so far (hate . The Smith & Wesson 3500. Its has a skelotonised stainless steel handle with thumbstuds on both sides. Love the design and it fits my "reasonably large" needs. Although no one is extremely fond of Smith & Wesson over there i cant find anything wrong with them. I went in and handled it with the m16 and it felt very solid and it opened much smoother that the m16 too:confused: If S&W are having difficulties competing with other gun manufacturers... if they cant make guns it doesnt mean they cant make great knives.

Also i have noticed that all S&W knives before the HRT series came out were all the same. Just collaborations of the original SWAT. I found that quite pathetic. IMO they are just getting started and once they get their act together everyone will see them from a different perspective. I mean how hard is it to do two things at the same time, make guns and knives.

bestknives_1643_10460822

frameblack.jpg

Especially like the broad clip:D

Gollnick, you can put that beatiful peice of work in the same fedex package as Bigbore.45 with his m16:D

...cuz I'm too gawdamned dumb or lazy to figure out how, (and I don't have an account with photopoint or the like), but I had a friend regrind a CS Recon Scout...

...Steve reground the upper edge (spine), and added a sharpened false edge (swedge)...It's wayyyy sweet, and about 2.3 oz lighter...

Now, it's the camp knife/fighter that CS shoulda been making all along... :D

Here is my highly modified Benchmade Emerson CQC7 that I dd last year.

Attachments

• cqc7.jpg
    cqc7.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 515
Here are 3 that I did over the past 4 years..

First is a Benchmade CQC7 that I added Mahogany Dymondwood slabs and back spacer to. All new Stainless hardware and a stainless shackle that is removable.

Second is a Camillus ArcLite that I re-profiled the handle on to make it better for cor wrapping, added a thumb ramp with checkering and satin polished. Also made a new OD Concealex neck sheath for it.

Third is an old Benchmade 410 that was done in multi colored Dymondwood, contoured for finger grooves and has an inlayed stainless thong hole and a MOP inlay on the spine.

It's fun customizing factory knives but I have not had much time to do it lately :)

That Model 45 is an incredible amount of filing Chuck. I think you brought that one in your display to the Oregon Show....right?

Frank has filed some stuff for me too.., amazingly talented guy!!

Thanks for all the nice pictures.., some really interesting pieces!

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Does "computer modified" count? :)

fe2759e9.jpg.orig.jpg

A cross between a Waved Commander and a Sebenza. You are one sick Bastid. That is sooo Cool!

Neil, you just gotta stop this. Every time I come to the Blade Forum you've got some new picture - and I want.

Zzzen Dog :D

Back