Pics or videos of your sheath system

I've said it about a dozen times here: I don't like the KA-BAR sheaths for the BK7 or the BK9. I don't care for the material and the blade rattles far too much. I love my Camillus BK10 sheath with a passion and I literally check eBay daily for someone selling a Camillus sheath for either size blade. I lost an auction about a month ago and have been sore about it ever since. I think the new BK2 sheath is absolutely amazing looking, but I'm almost sure that KA-BAR has no plans to change the BK7 or BK9 sheath. Everyone here seems to recommend a customer kydex sheath, or the Spec-ops, or the Eagle jump sheath (not sure if those two might be the same).

Before I spend a dime more on something I'm not sure of, I wanted to know if anyone here who is happy with their non-KA-BAR sheath could post some detailed pics or better yet, a video of the fit and features that they like about their sheath system.

I think most of us agree with you about the BK7 sheaths. I don't have any pictures yet, but I've ordered a custom leather rig from JRE Industries for my BK7. Turn around time is between 12-15 weeks, so it'll be awhile before I can post a pic. :( I won't store my blade in the leather, but it'll be nice to for carry. I also have them stitching a fire steel loop on the front. I can't wait...

...good luck with your search!

I do not like them to much either. I have made a kydex sheath for every knife i have that didnt come with one.

I like leather. The dangler and pouch are missing from the pics but will be added when finished.

Attachments

• sheathproj.jpg
    sheathproj.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 46
  • sheathproj2.jpg
    sheathproj2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 40
I recently made this one for a BK-9

KabarBeckerBK-9technicalsheath01.jpg

KabarBeckerBK-9technicalsheath02.jpg

It has a removable kydex liner (that could be cleaned out) inside a pouch made of halftanned leather.
Halftanned leather has a core of rawhide, and is therefore much harder to cut or puncture and is extremely water resistent once deep waxed.
a drainage hole at the bottom.
a removable baldric attachement.
the kydex backplate takes a leather droploop or a teklok
the teklok could also be mounted directly onto the pouch in 3 different positions.
the retentionstrap is shown in the fixed 'folded away' position, but actually works as a retentionstrap. it pivots around a rivet.

I hope you like it.

Martin,would you please make one for my BK9 ? Mine is a Camillus,with a .210" blade.I would love a nice leather sheath for (want to say her)it.

I could make you one, but will need the knife for a proper fit.
If you're willing to ship, send me an e-mail:
m.c.c.swinkels (at) chello.nl

I'll do all leather too, but I really prefer having a kydex liner as it makes the sheath more comfortable to use, safer and much more durable.

Back