picture of clip side of 880SP?

No picture, but if I remember correctly it allows about an inch of the handle to stick out of your pocket. It is set up for tip up carry.

Here's a pic of the knife as well as the clip from TAD:

buckstr-clippt.jpg

The Buck Strider in the pic is the older version, however, I just picked up one of the current models with the dual thumbstuds, reversible pocket clip and less abrasive G-10 scales. The current version is a big plus in my book. Kudos to the folks at Buck for making a solid working knife even better.

Thanks for posting the pics, I don't have permission on this forum to it seems. The new version also has redesigned internal parts that make the knife much smoother and solid.

Thanks,

Josh

I want a new version, how can I positively identify it is a new one? I'll be buying on the internet of course. Who has em?:confused:

The new version has dual thumb studs (old version has single one), reversable pocket clip (thus there are 3 extra screws in the non-pocketclip side scale, can be clearly seen on the picture Cosmic Superchunk posted). Also the new version doesn't have serrations on part of the edge of the G10 scale (the old version does), and the G10 is smoother than the old version. Most importantly, the new version has a large odd shaped bronze washer in the locking side, which helps greatly to support the blade and avoid any side to side blade play. Very cool.
This is the info I got so far.

Back