Picture Request

Does anyone have a picture of the Mean Street and Killer B together? I bought a MS two years ago for $200 and then aquired another sheath for it and stupidly sold it for $245. It was a great little knife/railspike:) I wanted to get something to replace it and the KB seems like a good one. What do you guys think of the handle? Is the wrapping a very secure handle material?If one of you Busse computer nerds could hook me up with a picture, I'd appreciate it a bunch!
Thanks
Luke

Lukers, don't have a B, but people I know who do swear by the wrap, saying it provides a secure purchase.

From the "rumours" I've caught wind of, there may be something in the works to resurrect the MS size blade.

Sometimes waiting is worth it...

Mike

Here's one, it is not a good picture, but hopefully you'll get the idea.

I actually like the KB more than the MS, seems to be a more useful profile for me. :D

Hey Eric,

Any particulars on why you favor the KB's profile over the MS? I've been seriously contemplating a KB as a backup fixed blade (love that pointy tip and the stinger at the end!) but I wonder if the thick primary grind hampers its cutting ability. How would you compare it to a 1/4" SJ (what I have) in terms of the bevel?

By the way, does the KB have the asymmetrical grind? Thanks for your help.

~SteelDriver

Eric,
Thanks a bunch for the picture. I am interested in the KB but I tend to think that waiting like thatmguy suggested is a good idea. Maybe good ol' Jerry will resurrect something the size of the MS, with micarta handles but with a thin convex edge out of 3/16 INFI(hint hint cough cough) That would be a cutter! Don't get me wrong, I like the indestructability factor in 1/4 MS, but for a small knife a generally like a more versatile blade grind and thinner edge. I really wish I could get an INFI blade put into my SAK adventurer. What a heck of a knife that would be! Hey contender, would that be something I could talk to you about?
Thanks guys,
Luke

Maybe Jerry has some 3/16" stock laying around and could whip up a couple KB variants w/canvas:D:cool::D

Originally posted by SteelDriver
Hey Eric,

Any particulars on why you favor the KB's profile over the MS?

By the way, does the KB have the asymmetrical grind? Thanks for your help.

~SteelDriver

Steeldriver,
Like you, I prefer the pointy tip on the KB. My MS has seen a lot of use and my KB is just starting the rotation so I can't get specific regarding its cutting ability, however, I don't think there will be any problems.

Yes, the KB does have the Assymetrical Grind.

I hope this helps.

Back