Picture Test

NjhCzct

Last edited:
I hope you will post photos directly here and not ask us to go off site to look. It really takes the fun out of impulse buying if we need to go to another site to see photos - the 1st time and then as we think about it the 2nd and 3rd time. Some of us are slow on the impulse buying thing. :rolleyes: :)

Just sayin'. I know you are trying to overcome the PB disaster.

Ray

Last edited:
I think Yangdu is just getting the kinks out of using a new image repository. One of other postings shows the actual photo, rather than this link.

Can't say myself but durned if I don't see a Falcata hanging on the wall behind them.

Looking at other details, the anvil being used looks like a big ol' sledgehammer embedded in a buried log.

Yup, I'd say about a 16#er. Moved a ton of those back in my industrial supply warehouse man days.
I think we had 20's too. Had a guy called once looking for something bigger. I told him to send down whatever guy he had that could swing that. Figured we could sell a fork lift.

I do believe that fella on the right is up to something too. Pranking somebody, that look is like watch this, it's gonna be good........

Yup, I'd say about a 16#er. Moved a ton of those back in my industrial supply warehouse man days.
I think we had 20's too. Had a guy called once looking for something bigger...

The biggest sledgehammer I've heard of is 50-pounds.
Photo below (the head is over a foot long, and it's said to be sitting on a 300-pound anvil).

Haven't seen one of these before, from an old auction listing, a 50 pound sledgehammer from Plumb. The head is over a foot long, and it's said to be sitting on a 300-pound anvil.

huge-50-lb-plumb-sledge-hammer_1_b507e9658d481331a153ea1cc6e652ae.jpg

huge-50-lb-plumb-sledge-hammer_1_b507e9658d481331a153ea1cc6e652ae.jpg

HUGE 50 lb. PLUMB SLEDGE HAMMER Blacksmith Anvil 1800s
Overall length 36 1/2", handle length 32", head: 4 1/2" tall, 4 3/4" wide, and 12 1/2" long, total actual weight 51 lbs.

Back