pictures of customs

YOU CANT JUST DO THAT!!!
THE SUSPENSE IS KILLIN ME
biggrin.gif

Jackstraw,
Real nice stuff. You have got alot of the Classic Tacticals and real nicely ground /treated Blades. Great job, I know how much patience it takes !
Thanks,
Later
biggrin.gif

------------------
"This is the law:
There is no possible victory in defense, The Sword is more important than the shield, And skill is more important than either, The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."

Jackstraw, YOU THE MAN
cool.gif
!! Very nice collection
eek.gif
. There are thousands of people who would die to own just one! You certainly pushed my jealousy button big time
smile.gif
. Enjoy the fruits of your labor and thanks for the great post
smile.gif

Sorry for all the smilies, but man that made my day!

------------------
It's only a mistake if you fail to learn from it!

Balance of pictures up: ES1M with CQC8; two fancy, pre-tactical folders; and CQC6 w/ Mother of Pearl handles and Devin Thomas Spirograph blade.

My pics will be up soon. Might take 4 or 5 years to load though
eek.gif

Actually Jackstraw-very impressive collection.
My favorites are the 2 marked pretactical. That stag one is awesome!

------------------
Phil. 4:13
Dave
Wharton,NJ

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

[This message has been edited by lifter4Him@aol.com (edited 02-22-2000).]

Jackstraw;

Finest collection I've ever seen. Congratulations! How old are the two fancy pre-tacticals? Thanks.

Man, you've got alot of nice stuff, especially that CQC5 that you've got there
smile.gif

Nice collection, I can appreciate what it took to get it. The viper 1 you have is the first Viper I have seen that I would really like.

------------------
He who advances is sure of heaven-He who retreats of eternal damnation.

Jackstraw,
Thanks for sharing the great pictures. It is appreciated.
magilla

Jackstraw
That's an impressive collection of Emerson's. Not only a lot of money invested but I am quite sure a considerable amount of time to amass these class knives.
Thanks for Sharing your pics.
Ken

Jackstraw,
VERY VERY NICE!!! (Drool, Drool)

But now I am left with a question> Being that most of us have never handled all those knives, which one do you like the best? Which one stands out for its craftsmanship and execution?

Too bad their isn't something like an "Emerson" exhibit at Bladeshow where we can all fondle each piece to see for ourselves...

Thanks for posting the pics!

Al

Hey Al,
My favorites are the fancy pre-tacticals. The pictures don't begin to do them justice. The bolsters and liners are beautifully anodized. The workmanship is something else altogether. Makes one wonder why he forsook that path entirely. They are unlike the work of any other custom maker...definitely Emerson but with a gonzo difference. Big blades, big handles. Really first rate.

Of the tacticals...I guess that my favorites are in order: the mother of pearl, Devon Thomas, Spirograph Damascus CQC6, the Viper 3, and then a tie between the Viper 1 and the CQC 5. The Viper 3 is a baaaaad piece and the Viper 1 and CQC5 are really elegant first cousins of each other. The MOP 6 speaks for itself.

But now I feel guilty because I really love them all.

------------------
The wheel is turning and you can't slow down,
You can't let go and you can't hang on,
You can't go back and you can't stand still,
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will.

Great Collection Jackstraw. Man I knew I should have bought at least one of the pretacticals last year. They were only $500.
Thanks for the pics!

Jason

The pre-tacticals were on Triple Aught's website last year. I wasn't smart enough to buy them then either and wound up paying handsomely to acquire them next time around.

Back