Pictures of Nomad Flipper

Kizer just sent me a sample of one of the "bad" Nomads that won't be released. I am not an engineer for Kizer so, this is my opinion only and not official. It appears the problem was a very minor lock geometry issue. So minor, I couldn't get the lock to fail. I am very pleased and impressed that Kizer refused to release the Nomad like this. I have seen other companies let small issues get by and it reflects poorly on that company.

Here are some pictures of what to expect in the near future. I have to say, I am very pleased with result.

nomad.jpg nomadclosed.jpg nomadclip.jpg

Kizer just sent me a sample of one of the "bad" Nomads that won't be released. I am not an engineer for Kizer so, this is my opinion only and not official. It appears the problem was a very minor lock geometry issue. So minor, I couldn't get the lock to fail. I am very pleased and impressed that Kizer refused to release the Nomad like this. I have seen other companies let small issues get by and it reflects poorly on that company.

Here are some pictures of what to expect in the near future. I have to say, I am very pleased with result.

View attachment 622696 View attachment 622697 View attachment 622698

Love the look of the knife. Not a fan of the clip. Not digging the flat black clip.

Last edited:
Love the look of the knife. Not a fan of the clip. No digging the flat black clip.

I think I am with you. I think a blasted then tumbled clip would look better. I think I will test that out today and see how it turns out. That might be a doable change before release.

Nice! The clip placement doesn't seem great. A lot of knife sticking out of the pocket. The curved and contoured handle makes it a challenge I'm sure.

Nice! The clip placement doesn't seem great. A lot of knife sticking out of the pocket. The curved and contoured handle makes it a challenge I'm sure.

Yes, a little more of the handle does stick out than I wanted. I had a small window to get the clip designed and submitted along with the other changes to the Nomad for an early 2016 release. My biggest concern was getting the knife itself correct. My plan is to adjust clip position in a later run. I also have a better design idea for a new clip and more time to develop. So, if everything goes well. The Nomad could possibly have a better clip in the future. At the very least, this clip will be positioned a bit better to reduce how much of the knife sticks out of the pocket.

Yes, a little more of the handle does stick out than I wanted. I had a small window to get the clip designed and submitted along with the other changes to the Nomad for an early 2016 release. My biggest concern was getting the knife itself correct. My plan is to adjust clip position in a later run. I also have a better design idea for a new clip and more time to develop. So, if everything goes well. The Nomad could possibly have a better clip in the future. At the very least, this clip will be positioned a bit better to reduce how much of the knife sticks out of the pocket.

I like the look of the knife. Is there any specs on the knife? An MSRP?

This needs the clip from the Rogue, the Rogue needs this clip!:)

I like the look of the knife. Is there any specs on the knife? An MSRP?

Blade is 3.8" and the handle is 4.9" MSRP is listed as $256.00. I am betting on line will be closer to $180-$200.

I had a chance to blast the clip and tumble it. I like how it came out. Much better than the black.

Last edited:
I like it. I agree the clip isn't ideal (color or position), but if the price is reasonable, I can live with it.

Just saw this one showing with the reseller in The Netherlands. Awesome design. Definitely on my wish list.

Pics from the final production version
285322183.jpg

285322185.jpg

285322187.jpg

285322189.jpg

285322191.jpg

285322193.jpg

285322195.jpg

Back