Pictures of Pronghorns Please...

Well , you said Pronghorns by Burke also , so here is mine . And a couple of others he sent me pics of .

Attachments

• mvc-003f.jpg
    mvc-003f.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 276
AAAAAAAAhhhhhhh! More wallpaper and more dreaming. Jerry,I've been emailing Bill and he sent me a couple of those pics. Man they are sweeeeeeet. Jerry,how long is your blade and have you used you pronghorn yet? If so what did you cut? I hope to order one of Bills pronghorns after the first of the year. After that I hope to start on one of Eds pronghorns. You all have some great knives made by some great makers no doubt.:cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks VERY Much
Dean

Hi Dean ,

Mine is on the way from Bill . He used it to hunt this season and has cleaned several game with it . I wrote to him and ask if he would chime in and give an update as to all that it was used for . Needless to say , he proved all that he had told me it would do . I have some great forged blades but wanted to try one in 52100E steel and with the low temp forging process Ed and Bill are using .

The blade is 4" long and about 5/32 thick,maybe 1" or a little over at the belly , with a handle of about 4 3/4" . A good all around using size knife . I am taken with the Pronghorn look and style , and you just can't ask someone to make an exact copy of one so I just anntied up to the table and really don't regret it at all .

Thanks,
Jerry

Thanks for sharing. I really like the big blades on those big handles, personally.

JD

For Jerry,

Finished an Elk for a guy whos' knife had given out on him before he was done field dressing the animal. Then field dressed and skinned my brother inlaws' muley buck. Field dressed leged and skinned my own white tailed buck and since I talked to Jerry did the same chores on my boys little muley buck. It STILL shaves hair from my arm.

Here's the black horned lefty that is in the back ground of the pics that jerry posted.

Finally picked up a 4" blade pronghorn tonight in a trade! Pics to come, right now I need to forge a relationship with this baby!:D

I'll be honest with you. At first I really didn't like the looks of the Pronghorn, but as I have seen more and more of them...the more and more I like them. It will be a long time before I'll ever be able to afford one, but I can drool over the pics!
Matt

Originally posted by Jazzman
I'll ever be able to afford one, but I can drool over the pics!
Matt

It's funny I remember I used to hear Lifter say the exact same thing. ;)

Congratz Dave, who the heck was dumb enough to trade a Pronghorn?

Bwahahahahaha

Thanks folks. I fell in love with Ed's knives at least 15 years ago at the NY show and have wanted one ever since. Something always seemed to come up, either one was available and I didnt have the cash or I had the money and couldnt find one. After getting to know Ed and Angie a little bit and what kind of people they are, I truly consider it an honor to finally have one of his knives.
Enough talk. Friends, meet "Baby", 4" blade.
53933309rZsGIm_ph.jpg

PS-Ed, if you read this, this doesnt mean I want to be taken off the list, I want another one even more now:D

Hey all,

Here's another pic of some Fowler beauties. No, They aren't all mine...=)

-Jose

Attachments

• dsc00427.jpg
    dsc00427.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 112
My day will come, I don't own one yet either. but I have had the pleasure of sharing some E-mails with Ed and he is a wonderful and caring man.

His work is out of this world!!!

That "Burke" guy's knives are pretty spectacular also!!!!:p ;)

...and gonna get me one soon. Any chance anyone out there got one of these and a Loveless Drop Point to give away for a charitable cause?

Professor.

If you want to donate about $4000+ to the ,cause of Jerry, I will let you have my Loveless Drop Point . He will never get all his orders filled and just think when he is gone what they will be worth .

Back