Pictures Of Your Cold Steel

aXfVu8Kh.jpg

The ominous Black Talon is next-up on my Cold Steel want-list. How do you like it, not so dull? Any other Black Talonites feel-free to jump-in with your experience with this martial-blade.

Yes, the ominous Black Talon! Actually, I like it! Initial thoughts:
  • It is exceptionally well-made, no hint of blade play or something. It just feels great in my hand.
  • You can use it as a utility knife, it opens boxes, cuts ropes, shreds cardboard or destroys plastic bottles really well!
  • One of the reviewers on Youtube said that this knife is pretty dangerous and it will bite you whenever it can — this is true: the triad lock creates a strong tension, and every time you fold the knife the spring closes it with a lot of strength, so it can guillotine your fingers, be careful! It's a good idea to close the blade holding it with two fingers — I learned this lesson after cutting my fingers a couple of times.
  • The wave opening mechanism works very well, much better than that of Kershaw CQC4K that I own
  • It opens quite well, I can flick it open with my thumb only without any wrist movement (well, I still make a slight wrist movement)
  • You can even, with some practice, turn it into a centrifugal knife as it can be opened with an outwardly fast and energetic flick of the wrist.

What else? Feel free to ask any questions, I'm here :)

P. S. My Cold Steel next-up list includes 1) Spartan, 2) Voyager XL (Vaquero??? maybe), and possibly 3) Marauder.

Last edited:
Yes, the ominous Black Talon! Actually, I like it! Initial thoughts:
  • It is exceptionally well-made, no hint of blade play or something. It just feels great in my hand.
  • You can use it as a utility knife, it opens boxes, cuts ropes, shreds cardboard or destroys plastic bottles really well!
  • One of the reviewers on Youtube said that this knife is pretty dangerous and it will bite you whenever it can — this is true: the triad lock creates a strong tension, and every time you fold the knife the spring closes it with a lot of strength, so it can guillotine your fingers, be careful! It's a good idea to close the blade holding it with two fingers — I learned this lesson after cutting my fingers a couple of times.
  • The wave opening mechanism works very well, much better than that of Kershaw CQC4K that I own
  • It opens quite well, I can flick it open with my thumb only without any wrist movement (well, I still make a slight wrist movement)
  • You can even, with some practice, turn it into a centrifugal knife as it can be opened with an outwardly fast and energetic flick of the wrist.

What else? Feel free to ask any questions, I'm here :)

P. S. My Cold Steel next-up list includes 1) Spartan, 2) Voyager XL (Vaquero??? maybe), and possibly 3) Marauder.
Thanks, brother! Appreciate your reply, and personal experience with the Black Talon. Added a Talwar to the Cold Steel collection it landed today! After a cursory unboxing, and inspection: its a total winner!

RZw8eb9h.jpg

Back