Pimp my Mora

So, a billion years ago, Marion had a contest and gave away some of his custom Nordic Concealex sheaths. The contest involved coming up with an interesting way to carry a sheath using paracord and I was lucky enough to be chosen to receive a sheath for my entry (thanks again MDP). I've since deleted the video I made illustrating how my rig would be used, due to embarrassment, but here's a link to the original thread:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=705532
I was messing around a bit the other night and decided to implement the idea I proposed in the contest. An hour or so later, I had pimped my Mora out nicely with some safety-orange paracord:
DSCF1988.jpg

DSCF1989.jpg

The plait is made up of only 2 strands, one about 4 feet and the other double the length of the first. The turk's head knot I added to the handle to provide a nice stop for the hand as you pull the knife from the sheath. I originally thought it would be uncomfortable but once I had it on there I realized that I now have a more solid grip on the handle and it fits my hand nicely. You guys with big mitts might not like it as much but it works well for me.
Here's a couple shots of me modeling it for you (no, I'm not available for private sessions :D):
DSCF1993.jpg

DSCF1991.jpg

Just wanted to show off my handiwork. Hope you like it.

Back