• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Pinstripe Paper Phenolics

SOLD! Available as a custom order, other colors can be done contact me for options and prices

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:) Unique handmade scales: Black paper with white paper pinstripes. I used a high quality clear epoxy resin to hold it all together.

These are different in the regard that I made them to have the stripes run perpendicular to the knife, as opposed to typical micartas where the paper runs parallel to the knife. The white pinstripes are roughly 1/4" apart. I think it is rather striking looking. See the picture of the blanks before I split them.

Size is 3/16" x 1-1/2" x 5-1/8"
(actually a touch bigger on all dimensions)

Comments, and questions are, as always, welcome

Attachments

• pinstripes.jpg
    pinstripes.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 413
Not yet, and I doubt I will. Although I like the idea alot, it would take perhaps 3 or more gallons of epoxy to stack 8-1/2" x 11 paper 5-1/2" high. I used a surprising amount epoxy to stack 1-3/4"x 11" strips 1-1/2" tall. After all that, getting a good compression might be problematic.

BTW, get any use of what I sent you?

Regards,
Todd

Back