pirate movie

Hi fellas,
I know this isn't really custom knives, but...
We went to see Pirates of the Caribbean this weekend and the hero is a bladesmith! How cool is that?
JP

Saw it last night. I was prepared to not like it but it was a good movie. Johnny Depp was great.

Yes, Johnny Depp was excellent in that movie. It was great entertainment.

Wow, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only Johnny Depp fan here! After seeing him in "Benny & Joon" and "What's Eating Gilbert Grape", I said to my wife, "This kid is an outstanding actor. I hope he can resist all that 'Hollywood lifestyle' cr*p that destroyed River Phoenix." I'm also looking forward to seeing 'Pirates'.

(Does this mean I can also admit to being a Brad Pitt fan? :D )

No, it's still uncool to like Brad Pitt, unless you are a woman! :D

Just kiddin, he's allright. :)

Originally posted by Danbo
No, it's still uncool to like Brad Pitt, unless you are a woman! :D

Just kiddin, he's allright. :)

My philosophy has always been - if I like it, I like it. Actors, clothes, foods, whatever. I'm probably a bigger Brad Pitt fan than either my wife or daughter.

Remember that 'oh so clever' phrase from a few years ago: "Real men don't eat quiche!"

My answer then, and now: "REAL men eat whatever the h*ll they want!"

:D

Pirates Rocked!!! LOVE Brad, he is a hunk and Depp was hilarious. Lots of way cool swords and knives in the movie too, gotta get it on DVD so we can slow the action down and go thru it frame by frame.

Men eat Quiche?????????????????:eek: :eek: :D :D

Tanya

Since most of you probably don't know,
Depp based most of character on Keith Richards (of The Rolling Stones)
How funny is that?

Also, does anyone know who that blacksmith character was?
Was it the same character that played Legolas in The Lord of the Rings? He looks awfully familiar

One more thing. The script missed a beautiful opportunity to used the classic pirate line "Dead men don't tell tales"
Which is actually part of the disney ride.
It would have classic if it would have been used after any of the BadGuy's treacherous moments.
especially if came out of Depp's mouth:
"Wait a minute, I thought Dead men don't tell tales....."
YMMV

Originally posted by Walking Man
Since most of you probably don't know,
Depp based most of character on Keith Richards (of The Rolling Stones)
How funny is that?

Also, does anyone know who that blacksmith character was?
Was it the same character that played Legolas in The Lord of the Rings? He looks awfully familiar

The Smith was played by Orlando Bloom, and the girl was the queens double in the "first" Star Wars film. Prettier than Miss Portman, IMHO.

Depp is one of the better actors of our generation, Ed Wood being a particular favorite of mine. He was great in the film, and I loved every minute of this movie. I wish The Princess Bride had been made with the same production values.

Johnny Depp fan here!...I hope he can resist all that 'Hollywood lifestyle' cr*p...
No, it's still uncool to like Brad Pitt, unless you are a woman!
Depp lives in France because he can't stand America and would not raise his family here. Pitt is the one who, when all the Hollywood types were bashing Bush, threatening to leave the country, protesting the war in Iraq, etc., said "Reporters ask me what I feel China should do about Tibet. Who cares what I think China should do? I'm a f---ing actor! They hand me a script. I act. I'm here for entertainment, basically, when you whittle everything away. I'm a grown man who puts on makeup."

I report. You decide.

I don't really think you can put Depp in that boat with River Phoenix. Phoenix was younger than me when he died.

Depp was just on the tube the other night, and said he's something like 41.

Back