Pirates Cove

So can we just change this place to The Pirates Cove ... or something like that, password protect it to keep the children out, and continue our Swashbuckling?

I love modified avatar. I have been trying to find a way to “pirate up” my eagle globe and anchor. The problem is this version of the software will not allow a forum to be password protected. Thus the problem.

Random:

Did this on the fly ... maybe Phil can make you something a little more flashy. :D

marinelogopirate.gif

vBulletin has confirmed that they will have a content management system for version 3.0. I am not sure when this new software is going to be released, but when it is it should be perfect for this situation.

Thanks for the effort. But it just isn’t my style. To be honest, I have issues with women in the Corps. I also forgot to say, I think Pirates Cove is the perfect name for this place.

The only thing the pisses me off is when they lower the standards for women in whatever field to allow them in. Just recently in Florida a fire department lowered it's weight lifting ability standard for women. So I ask this, who the hell is going to carry out the people or fellow fire fighters when a women is on the team?

If I was going to war I would NOT want women in my unit unless they went through the EXACT same **** I did, period!

The arguement about making snap decisions can be brought up to. Heck this is a good thread on it's own!

Har Har Har!

Posted by Mike Turber:

The only thing the pisses me off is when they lower the standards for women in whatever field to allow them in. . .

and

If I was going to war I would NOT want women in my unit unless they went through the EXACT same **** I did, period!

Then I guess that you're pissed at every service that falls under the DoD banner then ?

I am !

Originally posted by Mike Turber

Excellent point. But also consider this. When I was in, I knew exactly what the other members of my section were going to do in any given situation. Why? Because we lived, ate, s&#104it, drank, and puked together for years. And lets face it; we are not mature enough to have men and women living together like that.

Uh all you phucking male chauvanistic dipschits...ATTENTION! Every branch of military service has HAD females in forward deployed units since WWII. They're called nurses dickwads! My wife went through SERE training as an Air Force flight nurse, which was virtually identical to my Naval SERE as a flight surgeon. We served, we trained and did "our thing" and didn't know each other at the time, but the Air Scouts definitely require their nurses to qualify with side arms prior to entering a combat zone (Trust me, the B-27 was taped to the refrigerator, after she qualified and had 3 spare rounds to perform a "lead orchiectomy" in case I thought my Corpsperson was looking a little sexy). Fine, you don't want them next to you in a foxhole, be a bunch of unisexual, insecure bastads!

Combat is not just about sitting in a foxhole, firing at targets on the pop up range. We regularly had to hump 20 miles a day carrying rucksacks in excess of 80 pounds. Since I was one of the tall ones in my unit, and competent, I was rewarded with the radio and the M203 in addition to 60 ammo and explosives. That was when I wasn't carrying the SAW and the radio.

If a woman can pass the same standards, then fine, but I don't think it's fair to make exceptions for the 5% who "might" when 95% *don't*. It's a logistical nightmare, and when you toss in the extra niceities like combat zone pregnancy and the rest, you wind up with a hell of a morass.

Kevin

Originally posted by marcangel
you don't want them next to you in a foxhole, be a bunch of unisexual, insecure bastads!

God!:rolleyes: Reread my post will ya? My point is that until men and women can live and train in the exact same conditions they will never have unit integrity. It has nothing to do with being insecure.

Just messin' with ya guys! My wife ain't into the foxhole, roll around in the mud and getting shot at shitt. In fact, she and I both abhore wanna be female grunts "G.I. Janes", (paricularly the ones that bench more than most guys!). Personally, I'm not into that crap either. The point is, that alot of support staff, particularly Medical Corps are forward deployed, and have been for a long time. You do want field hospitals, sick bays, hospital ships and all that other fun stuff when your ass does get shot up, right? As for the Navy, I have to say that the shipboard pregnancy "virus" ran rampant around Desert Storm, and WAS a freaking logistical nightmare, particularly with the enlisted. There was not a problem with my wife's AF unit, mostly because they ground you when you declare pregnancy! (at least that's what we think was the issue)!

I like Pirates Cove as a name for this forum, so here's my contribution. A new avatar for whoever is a Pirate and interested can use this. For anybody looking for a custom pirate avatar, drop me an e-mail with what knife you're sending as payment, or just drop dead. :D

Attachments

• piratescove.gif
    piratescove.gif
    43.3 KB · Views: 112
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh Random, here be a better avatar for you, matey!

Damn I gotta pirate up my rattlesnake, but I can't find any pics that would look cool. HELP!

Back