Recommendation? Pitted sword in need of restoration

Hey folks, new here and looking for a talented Swordsmith capable of restoring a sword with rust pitting damage on both side of the blade along with some on the cross guard/pommel/center ring.

I really want all or as much of the pitting removed as possible. I know some folks like the pitting on sword, not my thing so I don’t want to leave it as is. Also I know there are risks in terms of possible profile changes to the blade when it comes to removing pitting and I am alright with the risks. I would just ask for open communication before something was done to make sure I know what could be changing at that point.

Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated so if you are talented smith and want to take on the project let me know. Or if you know someone that is and could recommend someone please let me
know.

Hey folks, new here and looking for a talented Swordsmith capable of restoring a sword with rust pitting damage on both side of the blade along with some on the cross guard/pommel/center ring.

I really want all or as much of the pitting removed as possible. I know some folks like the pitting on sword, not my thing so I don’t want to leave it as is. Also I know there are risks in terms of possible profile changes to the blade when it comes to removing pitting and I am alright with the risks. I would just ask for open communication before something was done to make sure I know what could be changing at that point.

Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated so if you are talented smith and want to take on the project let me know. Or if you know someone that is and could recommend someone please let me
know.

Got any pics to share?

Can you direct me on how to put them in a post on here?

You can go to the website Imgur.com, and cick and drag the images onto the site (no need to sign up). The photos will pop up on the screen, and in the top right corner of each photo is a little drop down menu. Go to "get share links," then select "BBCode for forums." Copy and paste the link from each photo into this thread and click post reply. The photos should appear in the forum thread.

Back