Pivot Tool for Kershaw and ZT Shipping

Just received notice that my KnifeCenter order for a Kershaw RJ Martin STPTOOL See-Through Pivot Tool for Kershaw Flythrough and ZT 0609, just shipped.

If you need to order one, search for "KSSTPTOOL" at Knife Center. They are $17ea.

Should have came with the knives.

I am so so on the matter, I think the best course of action would have been offer two versions of the knife, one shipping with the tool for ~15 dollar more, one without. (Of course meaning that they had made the tool available right away)
That way people who were happy with just the knife, could have gotten just that, and everybody who likes to open their knives had that chance too. And maybe a couple months later they could have offered the tool separately for ~20$

As for the "Should have come with the knife" I don't disagree with the notion but I find a bit amusing that Microtech gets seemingly less flak for it despite their knives being more expensive and the tool also more expensive.

As for the "Should have come with the knife" I don't disagree with the notion but I find a bit amusing that Microtech gets seemingly less flak for it despite their knives being more expensive and the tool also more expensive.

Another reason I've never bought a microtech

They get shit for it and I don't buy them because of it. Dunno who's giving it a pass but I'd assume that people who buy microtech don't take apart knives ever and are heavily into the firearms market too.

Microtech has been griped about lots and everyone knows they are freakin’ hopeless. (Although they have started using torx for just their pivots on some knives)

Zt up till now has seemed to understand proprietary hardware was bs.

KAI had it listed as “available” on their websilast week.
I’m waiting on a paycheck, then I’ll finally pick up a 0609 and the STP tool (unless something else catches my eye;)).

Microtech has been griped about lots and everyone knows they are freakin’ hopeless. (Although they have started using torx for just their pivots on some knives)

Zt up till now has seemed to understand proprietary hardware was bs.

Let's also be honest here. Microtech don't want anyone opening there knives and it voids the warranty. This is the main reason they do this and not provide any tools because of that. At some point I don't blame them, but it's wrong regardless. Once sold its yours. Your not leasing it or renting it.

ZT on the other hand doesn't care if you disassemble. Though I bet they wish some people wouldn't lol any warranty dept probably says that.

Yeah I am not a MT fanboy I don't and won't buy their knives and not sure for the proprietary hardware.

I bought the tool the day it came out, and honestly it’s junk. I am a big ZT fan but the stp tool is only about an inch long on each side, thus giving you almost no leverage to unscrew the pivots. Couldn’t get my 0609 apart....They do come with holes so maybe you could put a longer piece of metal through it and use that for leverage....?

I bought the tool the day it came out, and honestly it’s junk. I am a big ZT fan but the stp tool is only about an inch long on each side, thus giving you almost no leverage to unscrew the pivots. Couldn’t get my 0609 apart....They do come with holes so maybe you could put a longer piece of metal through it and use that for leverage....?

I've seen it used and that is what the holes are for. Slip a small awl in those holes and you're set.

Back