Pivot Tool?

Daniel

Gold Member
Does anyone know if there is a pivot tool available for the old style pivots?

I have no intention on grinding down any of my screwdrivers!

I had sent a request for a pivot tool from them but all they did was send me a video that showed a ground down screwdriver that work. if you get anywhere I would love one too.

just buy a five dollar throw away screw driver and grind that down, no?

Yeah, that's what I did. It only takes a little grind to get the edge to fit tightly in the pivot hardware. You can probably find an old flat head at a yard sale for $1, lol.

I was hoping more for a tool that will stay on the head without sliding around.

I seem to remember reading that a large torx driver fits the pivot, but I cannot remember specifics.

I've heard that two different Torx bits fit the pivot screw, T30 and T25. I have several Kizers with the proprietary pivot hardware, but my biggest Torx is a T20. I've meant to pick up some bits between 20 and 30 to test this out, but keep forgetting. Anyway, you might try that route. If your pivot is on one of the older 4 or 5 series knives I think it might be a T30. The older 3 series knives supposedly use a T25...

But again, that's all based on intertube rumors...and we all know the internets are the truths!

I'll see if I can find some big Torx bits to confirm this rumor...

On some of the old style pivot screws the appropriate size Torx is 35. I'm not at home right now so can not tell you exactly what models it wil fit. There were several size pivots though!

Back