Please Help w Option Idendification and Model of these 2 Randalls

These belonged to my father, and are now in the possession of someone who has been good enough to send me a few pictures. Since I likely can't own them I'd like to order similar ones so that I can enjoy them like he did. I want to be sure I don't miss an option when I order from Randall. Can anyone confirm: model, options, and approximate date of manufacture of the ones pictured (just for my edification). Value? If asking for approximate value on those pictured is inappropriate in this forum, please disregard :)

Thanks in advance.

Model #1-7, stacked leather commando shaped handle, forward curved hilt, lanyard hole.

Model #14 standard w/forward curved hilt.

Nice knives, it's a shame you can't get them back...

Thank you Sheldon. Any way to tell approximate date of manufacture based on the spacers and nut on the #1?

You're welcome. Yep, based on the spacer stack, late '70's to mid '80's, and the looser sheath stitching, mid 80's, I'd say somewhere around '84/'85 would be pretty close. But, with two stitching machine's in use around that time, it could be earlier. No earlier than '77 though. Hope that helps.

The Model 1 could be stainless. Is there an "S" next to the Randall stamp on the blade?

These belonged to my father, and are now in the possession of someone who has been good enough to send me a few pictures. Since I likely can't own them I'd like to order similar ones so that I can enjoy them like he did. I want to be sure I don't miss an option when I order from Randall. Can anyone confirm: model, options, and approximate date of manufacture of the ones pictured (just for my edification). Value? If asking for approximate value on those pictured is inappropriate in this forum, please disregard :)

Thanks in advance.

Beautiful Randalls, It's a shame you can't buy or barter them back and or replace them with a newer version to the person that now owns your dads knives, being they are marked for your dad USAF and all. Good luck with your outcome Sir.

Back