Please help with Knife Travel Law

Basically I have a Gerber Suspension NXT, Gerber Remix, Paraframe Mini, and Gerber Strongarm.

Long story short 2 Manual Folders, 1 Pliers Based Multitool, and a Fixed Blade.

I bought them in Thailand and want to take them to my home in NZ, I have a flight from Phuket, Thailand, to Singapore then Singapore to Auckland New Zealand.

My checked bags will be checked straight from Thailand to New Zealand.

If I put these knives in my checked bag on Singapore Airlines, will they be fine, or do I have to declare, or will they be confiscated, or worst of all will I be fined and/or sentenced.

I’m not familiar with the laws in those locations, however generally you only have to be concerned with the airline security regulations if your bags will remain checked. Those should be easily found online.

Another option would be to mail them to yourself…

Good luck!

I’m not familiar with the laws in those locations, however generally you only have to be concerned with the airline security regulations if your bags will remain checked. Those should be easily found online.

Another option would be to mail them to yourself…

Good luck
Thanks mate!

Basically I have a Gerber Suspension NXT, Gerber Remix, Paraframe Mini, and Gerber Strongarm.

I bought them in Thailand and want to take them to my home in NZ, I have a flight from Phuket, Thailand, to Singapore then Singapore to Auckland New Zealand.

If I put these knives in my checked bag on Singapore Airlines, will they be fine, or do I have to declare, or will they be confiscated, or worst of all will I be fined and/or sentenced.
I would give the Airline a call and ask Them the proper prosses. I always check the State or country's laws Before visiting such as Guns, Knives, and or recreational drugs. That being said give the Airline a call or ask if you can send them by mail. You wouldn't want to get Phuked in Phuket or Thaid up in Thailand. Safe journeys to you.

I would give the Airline a call and ask Them the proper prosses. I always check the State or country's laws Before visiting such as Guns, Knives, and or recreational drugs. That being said give the Airline a call or ask if you can send them by mail. You wouldn't want to get Phuked in Phuket or Thaid up in Thailand. Safe journeys to you.
Yeah Im not just a tourist too I live there sometimes dont wanna get in trouble

Just found this from 2014 but things might have changed.
Can you bring a knife in a checked bag to Thailand?

Absolutely no problem at all. I've always carried a pocket knife (ever since I was a small school boy) and I am also a frequent biz traveller. I always toss my knife in my check baggage before my flights. No issues in Chiang Mai, or anywhere else in the world for that matter.

Just found this from 2014 but things might have changed.
Can you bring a knife in a checked bag to Thailand?

Absolutely no problem at all. I've always carried a pocket knife (ever since I was a small school boy) and I am also a frequent biz traveller. I always toss my knife in my check baggage before my flights. No issues in Chiang Mai, or anywhere else in the world for that matter.
Yeah i saw that but im not just talking about a SAK im talking about 2 folders and a fixed blade, thanks for the reply though

Heya mate just put them in your checked luggage they'll be fine, If your really concerned mail them home.
Don't stress bro you'll be fine.
Tell us how you get on.

Yeah i saw that but im not just talking about a SAK im talking about 2 folders and a fixed blade, thanks for the reply though
There must literally be thousands and thousands of pieces of luggage a day go through Singapore (or the like) of a day, there isn't anyone checking or xraying ever bag, that's logistically impossible, they'll run dogs over them, they're looking for drugs and or explosives, not some Kiwis pocket knife haul
Don't over think it,

Last edited:

Put everything into your checked luggage. Nothing to declare in Spore.
If all your stuff is NZ legal then no issues at destination.

Back