Please ID this Aitor Jungle King II Model

Hi Everyones
its the EXACT one i had when i was a kid , found the picture on google but sadly lost the link of it and im wondering whats the model #

Im not able to find another one online

160418102109_IMG_2524.jpg

Hi,
the JK 2 by Aitor is still in production.
A wirecutter on this survival knife - not so sure.

Hi Everyones
its the EXACT one i had when i was a kid , found the picture on google but sadly lost the link of it and im wondering whats the model #

Im not able to find another one online

160418102109_IMG_2524.jpg
Hello! Looks like an Aitor Jungle II but probably a chinese copy. No markings on the blade, doesn´t have the logo imprinted on the sheath, blade grind and shape are different. Aitor JK IIs are easy to find, Amazon, E-Bay, etc. Have a nice day, Michel Droz, Villeneuve, CH.

I had one of these as a kid, too. Mine was not a real Aitor either, as it had no branding on the knife or sheath whatsoever that I can recall... and I got it at a local Army/Navy surplus store.

Never got very skilled with the built-in slingshot, but it certainly was a huge selling point to my ten (or so) year old sensibilities at the time. Seemed to cover all the likely adversities one could possibly encounter when trying to survive.

I assure you guys , the one i had when i was a kid was marked " Aitor Jungle King II" , blade was polished stainless steel with black CNC portion handles just like the real one sold in the 80's with "triangle" sawteeth but it had this hole in the blade to connect it with a wire cutter...

it drive me crazy , i try to find/purchase the same one online and i searched litterally everywhere on the planet and the damn only picture i found was the one attached in this thread.

Also my OD green plastic sheath HAD the Aitor Logo , with copper/brass snap-on !!

Wire cutter or not, Aitor has always put in a decent double row of saw teeth and the saw on this one looks to be purely decorative. I’ll vote Chinese junk.

n2s

hear ya;-)
this is purportedly a product offering
from a RoC company which have been in operations since the '70s
it prouds itself as an oem :)

Thanks. That makes perfect sense. In the 1970s Taiwan was still reeling from having been kicked off the UN Perm Sec Council in favor of PROC. They refused to consider themselves anything other than "the Real China" until the 1980s when their products started to say "Taiwan". And even then, it depended on the mindset and loyalties of the factory owners.

One thing I can say with certainty is that "copies" and "clones" that were manufactured in both Japan and Taiwan through the 1970s-80s were all ordered by foreign (usually U.S.) importers to their OEM contract specs.
This is in sharp contrast to the copies, clones and outright counterfeits that have been and continue to be manufactured in the Yangjiang factories in China.

..They...consider themselves ..."the Real China" until the 1980s when their products started to say "Taiwan"..."copies" and "clones" that were manufactured in ..Japan and Taiwan through the 1970s-80s were ...ordered by foreign (usually U.S.) importers to their OEM contract specs......
back in the day, taiwan made was just affordable stuff that didn't break
the ordinary workingman's pockets.
imo, taiwan made recreational knives became
credible in a big way, thanks to CRKT.
as usual good old capitalist marketing
worked it magic to alter public perception from that of pumpkin class to something seemly more premium.;-) i
guess winning some knife industry
product awards helped to reshape things.
a while back, there were rumors that a
previous aitor management had figured
to oem in the far east.
can't say if the jk2 was ever part of this plan.
accordingly though, their laws allows
for use of imported parts in spanish
assembly and manufacturing.
personally, i could live with imported plastic
or nylon parts; but not someting which
involved an entire blade marked "spain"
but made elsewhere...

Last edited:
I have an old JK1 and when I bought it I inspected the smaller brother, definitely it hasn' t the wire cutter. Also, all models have on the blade small circle with hrc Rockwell test mark.

Those pictured are not the JKs that I remember from the 80s, before the many knock-offs.

It’s not just the (Phrobis M9 bayonet inspired, though based on AKM bayonet) wire-cutter. It’s also the length and profile of the blade.

I assure you guys , the one i had when i was a kid was marked " Aitor Jungle King II" , blade was polished stainless steel with black CNC portion handles just like the real one sold in the 80's with "triangle" sawteeth but it had this hole in the blade to connect it with a wire cutter...

it drive me crazy , i try to find/purchase the same one online and i searched litterally everywhere on the planet and the damn only picture i found was the one attached in this thread.

Also my OD green plastic sheath HAD the Aitor Logo , with copper/brass snap-on !!

Where did you buy your Jungle King II? Are you certain it was stock from Aitor and not a clone (no matter how it might have been marked)?

I ask because here are pictures and descriptions of the original model when released in the U.S. by Gutmann in 1986.

IMG-1410.jpg

IMG-1411.jpg

IMG-1414.jpg

However, in the very same 1986 magazine from which I pulled one of the above images, this ad for an inexpensive clone was also running.

IMG-1419.jpg

You can see that the knife depicted sure looks like the one you're describing from your childhood. Unfortunately, the printing on the blade isn't clear enough to read, but some of the clones definitely were marked.

-Steve

Back