Please make the Recon-47

The handle of the ak47 paired up with that tanto blade of the recon 1 would be my absolute favorite knife ever, would buy 10

Would never happen but what do you guys think?

i'd take an AK blade on a Recon 1/Lawman handle instead.
That "hump" in the AK handle makes it the most non-ergonomic handle for me. I appreciate the skull crusher backspacer but it makes the knife unnecessarily big for the blade length. It has same blade length as the Lawman(3.5in) but has longer handle length than Recon 1(5.5in vs 5 3/8in).

Recon 47 - Recon handle (you cannot improve upon perfection) AK47 blade with Demko Thumb plate. Oh and narrow the blade and extend it to 4 inches. It would be the perfect tactical semi EDC knife. Waveable knives are 2 step knives, they open with the draw from the pocket ready to go. Even auto knives are 3 step. Step1 - pocket extraction. Step 2 - open the blade. Step 3 - attack / use. Recon 47- Step 1 - pocket extraction. Step 2 - Attack / use. I was born a ramblin man...

Recon 47 - Recon handle (you cannot improve upon perfection) AK47 blade with Demko Thumb plate. Oh and narrow the blade and extend it to 4 inches. It would be the perfect tactical semi EDC knife. Waveable knives are 2 step knives, they open with the draw from the pocket ready to go. Even auto knives are 3 step. Step1 - pocket extraction. Step 2 - open the blade. Step 3 - attack / use. Recon 47- Step 1 - pocket extraction. Step 2 - Attack / use. I was born a ramblin man...

I´d like a recon 1 with thumbplate too but I´d add in the thin g10 from the american lawman.

My Recon 1 Tanto to me is basically EDC perfection. I carry all my folders in my right rear pocket, so while wavable knives are cool, ultimately it does not matter. Besides, I prefer Cold Steel's thumb stud (best designed thumbstud in production IMHO)

But to each their own-options are nice.

My ONLY criticism of the Recon 1, is the gradual plunge grind at the ricasso. I wish the did it more steeply, like the Code 4. That way, the edge goes uniformly to the sharpening choil.

Hi,

I m newbie..and looking for guirdance from pros..
I am buying the following knife for my household needs...need to crack open coconuts...and also for meat and slaughter of cattle.

Cold Steel 13RTSM SAN MAI RECON TANTO Tactical Fixed Knives,D2 Blade ABS Handle Black Coating Hunting Knife.

Given the budget constraints...I m wondering if D2 will take all the blood and moisture...

the other option I've is the 440A knife which has more Cr

Hunting Cold Steel San Mai Mitsumi Samurai Knife 440A Blade Rubber Handle EDC Camping Survival Knives Multi Tools Leather Sheath

I m buying from AliExpress...so please advise on the metal and handle combination...

I've access to motorised grinding stone for sharpening..

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi,

I m buying from AliExpress...so please advise on the metal and handle combination...

Thanks in anticipation.

AliExpress almost exclusively sells fakes and counnterfeits, you should NEVER buy from them. For example, Cold Steel never made a Recon tanto in D2, both those knives you listed are fakes.

many thanks for the guidance...please guide me to a reputed site for international shipping to India...

my application is breaking and peeling green coconuts and occasional domestic animal butcher.

Is D2, or 440C steel a good choice. is $30-40 a good budget for these knifes and please educate on leading brands...as there is zero presence of quality knife brand in India.

Thanking you in anticipation.

many thanks for the guidance...please guide me to a reputed site for international shipping to India...

my application is breaking and peeling green coconuts and occasional domestic animal butcher.

Is D2, or 440C steel a good choice. is $30-40 a good budget for these knifes and please educate on leading brands...as there is zero presence of quality knife brand in India.

Thanking you in anticipation.

D2 steel is a good steel, but Cold Steel only uses it in 2 knives, and NOT the one you listed. 440C is okay, but again, Cold Steel doesn't use it. Those knives you listed are fakes, which automatically makes the quality questionable, even at $15 or $20. There's a good chance they're lying about the steel in them, just like they lie about the brand.

As for shipping to India, that I have no idea. Does Amazon have a branch for India? I know they do for the UK, for Germany, and various other countries, but I don't know if they one for India. Windlass Steelcrafts is based in India, they make a decent blade(they actually make blades for Cold Steel sometimes, like the Frontier Bowie), any chance you could find their stuff locally?

Back