• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Please post about your favorite sharpening service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I had a list once of forum members who did sharpening. I know Richard j does. Anyone else really good on the forum? I'd love to hear who you have used and what you experience has been. Thanks!

RichardJ is a master with paper wheels. I sent him knives a couple times and was vey impressed. He's also helpful to most anyone that asks, good guy to have on the forums.

+1 for Richard J! I ve sent him numerous knives and hes put amazing edges on all of them! And the technique he uses seems to help keep the edge for a long time! He did one of my Grayman Duas months ago. I put it through a test and having been EDC ing a lot and I havent even needed to touch it up! I thought I was going to have to touch up the edge on the Dua but it still has a killer edge on it!! I ll take a few pics here in a min of the edge now and also provide a link to my thread where he redid the edge on the Dua! I swear I have not touched up the edge at all! And its been used!!!! Still shiny as can be!! And sharp!! Dont waste anymore time looking for someone to sharpen, give Richard J a try! If you do and youre not happy with his work, I personally will paypal you the cost!! Cheers!

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/886842-Grayman-Dua-folder!!!!-Wow/page9

IMG_0046.jpgIMG_0047.jpgIMG_0049.jpg

I'm very fortunate to live just 45 minutes from Knifenut1013, so we've gotten together on numerous occasions in the past couple years.
I've learned a lot about sharpening by watching him work and he is also a good teacher as he explains what he is doing, and why, with different stones, techniques, etc.
I can't imagine a blade being any sharper than when he gets finished with one.....and a great looking edge too. A perfectly even, mirror finish along the entire edge.....and he won't hand me my knife back until he's happy with it.
It's been a great experience and we've become good budz.

Richard J is Outstanding. Very highly skilled and an absolute great guy!!

I really wish I lived within driving distance of someone who is good at knife mods, sharpening etc. I live in Frederick, MD which is about an hour and a half from DC. There are other blade guys in Frederick and Washington counties, but don't know if anyone is into doing much with their knives.

One more vote for Richard. Not only can he put the best working edge that I have ever used on a blade he is a great guy to learn from. The afternoon I spent with him taught me more about sharpening than I had learned in the 47 years before.
Also, he makes a fantastic knife if you're in the market for something to work with. The skinner he made for me is a cutting machine.

Iv only sent out 2 knives to get sharpened gotta say Richard j is the man to go to took a cold steel tanto i had that somebody took a grinder to and it came back looking brand new and razor sharp he is the man !

Last edited:
Richard J just sharped up a couple knives for me, one was a Strider Model SA that I use for EDC and an Ontario Ranger RD9. I have to say, the convex edge he put on them is the sharpest edge I have ever seen. I have been in the Marine Corps Infantry for the last 5 years and know the value of a sharp blade. Richard J did a miraculous job on my EDC blade and a larger one I use for backpacking/survival situations. I took them both to the field with me this last week and was blown away. I had no problem chopping and de-limbing some trees for an impromptu survival course for my Marines, the blade blasted through everything that it met with. I am definitely recommending his sharpening service to everyone interested in a sharp blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back