• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Plumb 3.5lb Felling Axe with original handle and pristine head, circa 1950s

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Sale- Beautiful Plumb 3.5lb 36" Felling Axe with original handle, circa 1950s. This axe has the original handle with the "Plumb Permabond" connection at the head. The handle is slightly warped, but could easily be steamed back straight. The axe has more collector's value with the original handle, so I did not attempt to replace it or refinish it. It was typical of Plumb to paint their handles red during this period. The bit also has the original edge and profile, which is quite thin and the edge is still a bit sharp. The hammer poll was obviously never used to pound anything and it looks like it did when it was brand new. This is an excellent piece of history and rare to see in this condition. Asking $105 plus shipping OBO. I will ship the cheapest way possible to save you money. Paypal preferred, thanks. PM or email me if interested. Thanks for looking

Profile compared to a Gransfors Bruks American Felling Axe (left) The Plumb has an excellent chopping profile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back