PM on WTS ad?

As a registered member, you don't have that option. There are profile messages; but they are viewable by anybody that cares to look (definitely not private).
Private messaging is a perq of paid membership. Some sellers choose to sell that way, or give first opportunity, as a means of giving back to others that support the site.
Unless the seller stated that posts are unacceptable, you can leave your email & delete it after contact is made

Last edited:
As a registered member, you don't have that option. There are profile messages; but they are viewable by anybody that cares to look (definitely not private).
Private messaging is a perq of paid membership. Some sellers choose to sell that way, or give first opportunity, as a means of giving back to others that support the site.
Unless the seller stated that posts are unacceptable, you can leave your email & delete it after contact is made
Thank you very much for the advice! I will have to look into the memberships!

Can a paid member start convo with a registered member, or? I’ve had a few prospective buyers with no way of contacting them....Even though I’m a payed member.

Mygrainman Mygrainman
No - registered members have no access to PMs (the likely exception being that the admin can PM anybody, even if the person has specifically turned off that option)
You won't even see a send message option for them.

The old rules said that sellers had to have the email option turned on...that doesn't exist on this platform, of course (it wasnt the most reliable, anyway). A number of sellers, myself included, put an email address in their ads to facilitate contact - just break it up to minimize the risk of it being harvested by bots

Last edited:
Back