Po Boy Conversions?

Hey guys! Yes I have searched and the only information that I could dig up was that Ernie has requested that no more Po Boy 6s be made. What about other models? I have a Sheepdog that I would love to have converted but, I do not know who to contact, if anyone is even still doing Po Boy style conversions. Any advice?

this custom work was done by Nathuwut on one of my Patriots, check his facebook page.

Note the bolster lock with super thick ti lockbar.

~John

this custom work was done by Nathuwut on one of my Patriots, check his facebook page.

Note the bolster lock with super thick ti lockbar.

~John

I like that approach to the lockbar. What is his Facebook ID? I searched on Nathuwut and got nothing.

Nath does spectacular work but others doing spectacular Poboys are Bill Yester, Andrew Charlet, and Steve Kyle. I have several from Andrew, one each from Bill and Steve, and one each from Smock Knives and Lion Werks but I don't think they do them anymore.

Hey guys! Yes I have searched and the only information that I could dig up was that Ernie has requested that no more Po Boy 6s be made. What about other models? I have a Sheepdog that I would love to have converted but, I do not know who to contact, if anyone is even still doing Po Boy style conversions. Any advice?
As far as I know, there was no prohibition. There was a warning to not give out Po-boys for the originals.
DSC_a1350.jpg DSC_a1058.jpgDSC_a1352.jpg DSC_a1358.jpg

As far as I know, there was no prohibition. There was a warning to not give out Po-boys for the originals.
Actually that is incorrect, Mr. Emerson did in fact "prohibit" or actually respectfully request for no further CQC-6 (or 5) "Po Boys" to be made. Those are exclusively full Custom Handmade models that have never been made as "production" models. Other models are fair game, but recreating the boat tail 6 is a no no.

Actually that is incorrect, Mr. Emerson did in fact "prohibit" or actually respectfully request for no further CQC-6 (or 5) "Po Boys" to be made. Those are exclusively full Custom Handmade models that have never been made as "production" models. Other models are fair game, but recreating the boat tail 6 is a no no.
Yep, what Officer's Match Officer's Match said. It's been that way for years. And you don't see people in the US doing it anymore. I have some pre-Cease and Desist versions, but a couple go back to like 2009. Not surprised at all that it's still being done elsewhere.

Well, it's pretty clear in those posts from the other place. Frankly I'd be careful about cross posting that from there.

There are at least two issues mentioned there.
A. Some people were buying these pimped 6's under false pretenses, thinking they were real and then trying to get them serviced.

B. it's his Intellectual Property and people are copying/stealing it - it says "he hopes this continues to happen (the Po'Boy conversions), without creating copies of his flagship knife."

A Po'Boy is modifying the handle, bolster, etc. to make a new version of an existing knife. Grinding a Bulldog into a 6 grind and then giving it all new boat tail scales and liners, etc. is clearly making a Po'Boy 6 which Mr. Emerson did ask people to stop doing.

Ressurecting an old thread, but I think it's better then starting a new one: Who is currently doing High quality po boy Emerson conversions? I'd love to get my Gentleman Jim pretties up...

Back