The Cowbell Build Thread

Just a heads up, I started the edges this morning, I should have time to finish them up over the next day or two. Looking forward to getting these into your guys hands.

A quick fly by.....
The quality of this YouTube video sucks for some reason. There's a better quality version on my Instagram.

Tracking numbers are out for these 4. Thanks for the business and the patience gentleman!

@gunspease I got your package today, that rag is going to look amazing. I'll get those other scales to Harry the charity case:p he'll appreciate the hell out of those, that was very generous :thumbsup:

Pretty cool handle options in that last run!

I have a feeling we're getting close to dibs opening for zulus :D

Quick update. Currently working on two Zulus and two drop points. Black Linen, Rag Micarta, Ripple Mexican Blanket and 4th is pending.

The Zulus are prepped for heat treat, the two drop points are ready for handles.

(I posted pics of the Drop point, Zulu, and Wharncliffe profiles in the Newsletter thread)

Not sure what the weight saving is but it mainly gives a good bridge for epoxy to cross through. These weigh in just under 2 ounces finished. On a larger knives I prefer to taper tangs to reduce weight over drilling holes, you end up filling "lightening" holes with epoxy amyways so it's not total weight loss if that makes sense.

I'm looking forward to see how the Zulus turn out, so far they are looking really good.

The Mexican Blanket is pretty vibrant, I cant wait to see that finished out.

Not to getaway from knife talk but I cheated :) and had to search that Coffee Cold Smoke , it's from MT, any good and do you drink it cold or warm

I'm not a big connoisseur of beers, I like a PBR or a Coors if I'm working outside in the heat, I haven't tried a craft beer that I've liked. The IPA's don't do it for me and I'm not a fan of the flavored beers.

What I do enjoy is dark beer, the darker the better. Having said that, I don't know a damn thing about them and don't pretend to lol. This summer I asked a waitress at a restaurant for the darkest beer they had and she brought out a Cold Smoke. When I saw the Coffee flavor at the store I picked up a four pack and have since grabbed another.

I was just telling the wife last night that this beer is good ice cold, room temp and everything in between. I had left one in the shop that warmed up and got a little flat, and shamelessly drank the rest, it was pretty good that way.

Edit: And it comes from the same place Ruana Knives do, so there's that:cool:
20210208_112327-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Back