The Cowbell Build Thread

From our Chat thread, gives you a quick heads up of where we're at.
No sympathy needed, this story is purely anecdotal and an insight to my simple world. I had told someone the other day that "My life was exciting before it became enjoyable". The moment I said it I realized how true it was.

I must get philosophical when I'm dangerously dehydrated!

My little girl was just getting over the stomach flu and it was snowy/rainy on my Birthday so plans changed to hanging out and playing board games (I love me some Scrabble and Monopoly).

In the midst of Monopoly, the bug hit my boy in the projectile kind of way, thankfully the board was spared. I however was not. Later, my daughter would laugh and remind me that now both of them have thrown up all over me, (though her projectile assault could have been a damn Monty Python skit).

An hour or so later Mel joined the projectile group and I was spared of illness for the moment and the immediate caretaker of 3. It hit me the next morning and as of today I'm down 7 1/2 pounds but can stand up and walk now. Everyone else is back to normal and I have enough energy to get back to the Moonopoly board which I had painstakingly bagged up everyone's gear and recorded their spots. I'm like an old woman when it comes to puzzles and board games, I don't f*#& around!

So close. Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall.

Which I was wrong on too. I always thought it was No one knows how many holes...

Actually he was even closer than that, but from a different verse:

"Nobody was really sure if he was from the House of Lords"

I think that's me there in the middle?

The other one is looking forward to some company ;)

ZbRcJgJ.jpg

Ready for the stone.
20210524_133354-01.jpeg

The nubbed pencils are the infamous Blackwing 602's (I nerded out on pencil research last year). I like the softer lead and the no-roll eraser but I go through pencils too fast to spend 2 bucks a pop on them!

you had me curious, I had to google the pencil
You can file this info under "Redmeadow Rabbit Holes"👽

I stumbled across the world of pencil aficionados while looking for a pencil that was darker and easier to erase than a No 2. The Blackwing had an interesting history and apparently a cult following which piqued my curiosity. I think a dozen cost 25 dollars😳 They are smooth, work incredibly well for layout on handle scales and will show up on steel but are really too soft for me to sketch with. I eat through them like nothing when trying to sketch a knife. The good thing is that the eraser will outlast the lead. I'm going to try something with a lead between a No.2 and the Blackwing which I think would be around B or 2B for all around sketching and layout. I'd love to hear any suggestions.

Later when I saw the CrafsMan used one too (17:00) my insanity was validated :)

Last edited:
Thanks John I need to use a better pencil when sketching, I’ll do some research, maybe we’ll get some suggestions.

You can file this info under "Redmeadow Rabbit Holes"👽

I stumbled across the world of pencil aficionados while looking for a pencil that was darker and easier to erase than a No 2. The Blackwing had an interesting history and apparently a cult following which piqued my curiosity. I think a dozen cost 25 dollars😳 They are smooth, work incredibly well for layout on handle scales and will show up on steel but are really too soft for me to sketch with. I eat through them like nothing when trying to sketch a knife. The good thing is that the eraser will outlast the lead. I'm going to try something with a lead between a No.2 and the Blackwing which I think would be around B or 2B for all around sketching and layout. I'd love to hear any suggestions.

Later when I saw the CrafsMan used one too (17:00) my insanity was validated :)

Try the Staedtler 788 Technico Clutch lead holder and sharpener. It takes a crazy sharp point.

2mm carbon leads. https://www.thepencompany.com/product/staedtler-mars-carbon-2mm-leads/10824/

They also have a micro version with 0.7mm leads but I don't think that one works with the sharpener.

Back