The Cowbell Build Thread

I'm going to be taking four more Dibs soon though I'm hesitant as I've got a shop outage coming up. I'll have more in the Newsletter.

New kid in town on the left.
View attachment 1577900

I didn't want to make it one of those plump spears where the radius doesn't start until it's really close to the point. This one has a slightly gradual taper. What says everybody?

The spear point looks awesome John. A little stabby in a good way. I like the gradual continuous curve of the edge. The balanced shape of the spine and edged sides is very nice also. Well done. 👍

Phil

The spear point looks awesome John. A little stabby in a good way. I like the gradual continuous curve of the edge. The balanced shape of the spine and edged sides is very nice also. Well done. 👍

Phil
Thanks, glad to hear that Phil!

Blades for this batch are quenched and in their first temper cycle.

After another 2 hour temper cycle I'll hit them on the grinder with some fine belts and move onto hand sanding.

Handsanded and ready to etch in a little bit, apologies for the lack of updates lately, summertime does kick the arse!

Those have some pretty cool looking handle material. What’s the third one down?

It is G-Carta "Spalted Idaho Whatawood." I ordered it from G.L. Hansen a while back because I thought it would look like figured wood to the casual observer while maintaining the positive attributes of micarta. I think it is sold out now, but I have another set on hand that I am not using. 😎

View attachment 1592607

Phil

I'm gonna hold off on Dibs, that shop outage I was talking about has reared it's ugly head. You guys are already patient enough without me adding a month to the wait!

Know that we are still a go with Operation Stacked Leath... oh wait have I not mentioned that yet🤐...😁

Bp7uNvY.jpg

Happy Saturday :D

If I'm correct this should be my 1000 post, it took almost 3 years, way to long and I wanted to share it on John's forum.
I've lurked for years before becoming a member and even after joining as a member in 2018.
It's been fun and I'm really enjoying things more since retired, thank you all :thumbsup:

If I'm correct this should be my 1000 post, it took almost 3 years, way to long and I wanted to share it on John's forum.
I've lurked for years before becoming a member and even after joining as a member in 2018.
It's been fun and I'm really enjoying things more since retired, thank you all :thumbsup:
It's an honor to be thought of for your 1000th post! Thanks for being a part of our little Clan Frank, I appreciate all you guys that spend your time here. We'll get this ball rolling again once I get back in the great state of Montana.

Slow down this is my 620th post I signed up in 2002

Back