Pocket pry bars

I carry this one at work and use it often for little things.

It comes as a bonus freebie when you buy the set of these two for $7 at Walmart.

I don't like any of the other readily available keychain pry tools with the cap lifters and stuff they've got built in, this thing is everything I need it to be and nothing more.
Not that I recommend Walmart, but this is the criteria I mean. It's $7, or a bonus freebie, etc. I was once prepared to pay $20, $25 when I saw a version of the "All Access Pass" (one of those BS million dollar cap lifter titanium prybars) with the pink donut BHQ pattern, clicked on it, and it was like $150. Crazy.

Carry a $14 4" curved CountyComm. Serves my needs just fine, saves my knives a tip! I couldn't imagine it'd be so hard to cut a bottle-opener or whatever people like into them.

Not that I recommend Walmart, but this is the criteria I mean. It's $7, or a bonus freebie, etc. I was once prepared to pay $20, $25 when I saw a version of the "All Access Pass" (one of those BS million dollar cap lifter titanium prybars) with the pink donut BHQ pattern, clicked on it, and it was like $150. Crazy.

Carry a $14 4" curved CountyComm. Serves my needs just fine, saves my knives a tip! I couldn't imagine it'd be so hard to cut a bottle-opener or whatever people like into them.
They no longer have them because they basically replaced every American made tool with a worthless imported copy from the Hart name they're dragging through the mud, but Home depot actually had these last time I was in there.

I switched to the flat Countycomm bar of the same size because it's nicer and they accidentally gave me 2 for free back in December.

Yes!! Countycomm is the way to go. And I always go Home Depot as opposed to HF or whatever - prices not bad, and no worry of "Walmart specials" which have unmentioned plastic gears, etc

I actually had two CountyComm pry bars and they both bent on me with light use. I splurged on an Lynch All Access Pass (years ago—I believe it was $90 and could only be had direct from LynchNW) and use it with regularity on my keychain. Pricy, but I haven’t foolishly broken a knife tip since. So long as the product is solid I like supporting American craftsmen even at a steep sticker price.

I think they should stop calling these things pry bars and start calling them edge savers. Most of them are too small and goofy looking to consider as a real pry bar anyway.
I think it would be great to have this distinction between something that a person has in their pocket that is lightweight, cheap, tough, good for the jobs you ask of it, and some art-piece of titanium.

They're definitely useful for all sorts of little prying tasks (Mine has been insanely useful for reaching tiny spaces, wiggling stuff open, just all sorts of random situations) but yeah, it's not a prybar "proper". Run up to a car accident with 4" Pico in hand, like, RESCUE ABOUND STAND BACK!!

I actually had two CountyComm pry bars and they both bent on me with light use. I splurged on an Lynch All Access Pass (years ago—I believe it was $90 and could only be had direct from LynchNW) and use it with regularity on my keychain. Pricy, but I haven’t foolishly broken a knife tip since. So long as the product is solid I like supporting American craftsmen even at a steep sticker price.
Oh dang, good to know. Well I do use it for pretty light tasks, and that's why it's so cheap, it can just break and that'll be alright. Now that you say this, I re-checked the donut-themed All Access Pass, and it's selling for 165+, haha. I will do some hunting for a sturdier prybar for my pack, because for my usages, the CountyComm is working fine, but I would like something tougher.

Titanium is probably less brittle than even low-alloy steel huh? I do not know a lot about Ti, never got much into it, but for one nice PM2.

Oh dang, good to know. Well I do use it for pretty light tasks, and that's why it's so cheap, it can just break and that'll be alright. Now that you say this, I re-checked the donut-themed All Access Pass, and it's selling for 165+, haha. I will do some hunting for a sturdier prybar for my pack, because for my usages, the CountyComm is working fine, but I would like something tougher.

Titanium is probably less brittle than even low-alloy steel huh? I do not know a lot about Ti, never got much into it, but for one nice PM2.
Ug. Yeah… as much as I said I like supporting American made businesses I don’t know that I could swallow $165 for one. The new ones look a lot more artistic than the one I bought. I don’t have any anodizing and the artistic stuff on mine is literally hole made to look like an eye. I probably wouldn’t carry a new one—too flashy for my pocket.

On the CountyComm ones I had I am really thinking I got a bad batch. I have head too many people say how well they’ve worked while I alone say they bent under light use. I’ve actually avoided their stuff since the two prybars and some poor machining on one of their keychain pill pods. Maybe they were just having an issue when I bought by stuff—everyone seems to love what they make.

Ug. Yeah… as much as I said I like supporting American made businesses I don’t know that I could swallow $165 for one. The new ones look a lot more artistic than the one I bought. I don’t have any anodizing and the artistic stuff on mine is literally hole made to look like an eye. I probably wouldn’t carry a new one—too flashy for my pocket.

On the CountyComm ones I had I am really thinking I got a bad batch. I have head too many people say how well they’ve worked while I alone say they bent under light use. I’ve actually avoided their stuff since the two prybars and some poor machining on one of their keychain pill pods. Maybe they were just having an issue when I bought by stuff—everyone seems to love what they make.
Give it one more try maybe. I rec the 4" curved, love 'em. But your reluctance would be understandable. I figure there's somebody out there gonna corner the market on affordable, USA-made, titanium prybars.

There's still that guy making Christy cutters in his garage, I think the company has existed since the 1960s, just got my first Christy today. I've always thought, as a side-gig, to make/sell some type of EDC thing like that for a good price - it'd certainly have a market. Of course, I don't know anything about this, but I assume I could eventually turn a profit selling plain Ti prybars, maybe with a botte opener, for something about $30. Just a guess, but, I am sure it can be done.

(image removed)
That wide one on the bottom-right side looks like what I was talking about earlier. It looks like it may have some limited use for splitting wood in an emergency to help you get to the dry stuff quickly while saving your knife.

What is it called?

That wide one on the bottom-right side looks like what I was talking about earlier. It looks like it may have some limited use for splitting wood in an emergency to help you get to the dry stuff quickly while saving your knife.

What is it called?
It isn called the Evader tool.

The bottom one is the Evader Tool. I linked it above.

The little timascus prybar/xacto knife is by Ant Designs. It has really good nail file, nail remover, can hold standard bits if needed in a pinch, & 3 small tritium tubes. It does come in plain Titanium as well.

If you were talking about the titanium flathead with the pocket clip…that is Maverick Customs Ti Pen Pry. The plain Ti clip Pen Pry is < $100. You can provide some input since he makes them to order IE: size, grind, finish, jimping, etc.

Last edited:
It is called the Evader tool.

Thanks! :)

It's over 100 dollars though! :mad: That's crazy, but it's sadly typical for these edc pry tools. It's such a shame that these things can be so pricey. I don't think the cost is justified, especially when you have options like the Everratchet. The titanium Everratchet (version 2) only costs 25-30 dollars depending on where you buy it. It has a more complex design and costs less than 1/4th to 1/3rd of the price.

The wedge end of the Evader does look like it could be pretty decent for splitting wood though. It has a taper on both sides which is uncommon from what I've seen, and the back looks solid enough to withstand being struck with an improvised wood club (baton).

The bottom one is the Evader Tool. I linked it above.

The little timascus prybar/xacto knife is by Ant Designs. It has really good nail fail, nail remover, can hold standard bits if needed in a pinch, & 3 small tritium tubes. It does come in plain Titanium as well.

If you were talking about the titanium flathead with the pocket clip…that is Maverick Customs Ti Pen Pry. The plain Ti clip Pen Pry is < $100. You can provide some input since he makes them to order IE: size, grind, finish, jimping, etc.

Thanks! I think the Ant Designs is one I need!

What is the best way get one of the Maverick Customs Ti Pen Pry models? All I see with Google is a ton of sold out items. Thanks!

Thanks! I think the Ant Designs is one I need!

What is the best way get one of the Maverick Customs Ti Pen Pry models? All I see with Google is a ton of sold out items. Thanks!
You can contact him on Instagram. A lot of knifemakers/craftsman depend on Instagram to do business. It is the only reason I have an account.

$9 @ Amazon as "RONRONS 5 Pack Mini Stainless Steel Pocket Pry Bar Crowbar Multifunction EDC Tool Survival Opener".

Pretty stout stainless steel with well finished edges so very comfortable in my hand.

Back