Pocket Weather Station Multi-Tool

Not a chance, that looks like a piece of chinese garbage trinket, but hey, if you like it go for it.

Not a chance, that looks like a piece of chinese garbage trinket, but hey, if you like it go for it.
It is made in China as are most things like this these days. The weight is about 4.8 ounces. Might be fun to keep in your day pack.

Some things made in China are not equal to others. I would bet that things lasts all of 4 days before it stops working or breaks into pieces, but like I said, give it a try, might prove me wrong. I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but I would save my $35 for something else.

I suspect Lacrosse has this made. But since it's made of plastic, I suspect you can put very little pressure on any of the tools in use. I know what you mean about saving the $35 for something else. But I have wasted money on worse. ;) This is one I will have to digest a bit. I communicated with W&W (their chat feature) that they should provide some specifications other than the dimensions. Guarantees?

With the tools on it looking like dollar store quality I'd suspect the whole thing is crap.
If it was 10$ I might think it's too good to be true, but even 30$ kinda seems too good to be true so I'd take a gamble on something like this for 10$ but not 30$.

What can I say? The purpose of this thread is information even if you don't like the concept. :D

By the way, I own one of their weather stations that gets a signal from outdoors. I like it. But this.... who knows?

I think the big issue would be having to torque a device that likely has two plastic halves press fit together. Using the screwdrivers could break the casing. Just a possible design flaw.

Back