Pocket Woodcrafters, Currently Available

bikerector

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
The pocket woodcrafter is a nice little knife for woodworking and fire starting. It’s a compact bushcraft knife with a short blade that is capable because it has a full-length grip and neutral handle style that allows for many grips styles. The elevated tip lengthens the belly while acting as a perch for your forefinger or thumb, giving increased control of the tip and belly.

This knife is perfect for the outdoorsman who wants a lightweight and compact knife for starting fires, working wood, and some food prep while still being a good option for EDC.

Designed by me and made by JK Handmade Knives.

The price is $115 shipped for the knife with a kydex sheath, add $15 for a leather pocket sheath. There are 4 knives and 1 pocket sheath currently available.

Here are the rough specs

Blade Steel: O1 Tool Steel
Hardness: 58-59 RC
Heat Treated by: JK Handmade Knives
Blade Grind: Scandivex
Blade Thickness: 3/32”
Blade Length: 2 1/2”
Blade Width: 0.69”
Handle Material: Black Micarta
Handle Length: 3 7/8”
Handle Thickness: 0.59” at thickest point
Handle Width: 0.65” at center
Overall Length: 6 5/8”
Weight: 2.3 oz

These are individually handmade so slight variations between knives can be present. Different handle options are available by special order for $15 extra for most handle materials.

8edFwdTl.jpg

YpofjxMl.jpg

IgXBUn5l.jpg

Last edited:
Can you post a picture of your pocket sheath? Thanks Greg

Everyone involved has done an amazing job on these, beautiful finish feels great in hand and razor sharp. Top notch all around . My child sends her thanks and we will upload some pics when we get it out for some real use.. for now its her go to for edc and crafts/projects around the house but its gona SHINE in the bush!!!! Looking forward to keeping you posted on use and how its holding up :)

I just recieved a few of these in.
Double post! I’ll take this opportunity to say, for anyone interested in these blades, they seem like the most excellent compact carving tools I have seen… bar none. Based on having owned and extensively used a Bush Brute and the other reviews and pics I’ve seen of the Pocket Woodcrafter, this is going to outperform knives that would cost you 3-4 times what they are asking. No kidding. You’ve got smart, purpose-built design and great execution coming together here for an amazing bargain. Can’t beat that, imho.

Last edited:
I would love one, been using my Bush Brute more than any other blade the past several months. Unfortunately, I just lost my only source of income. Maybe it’s time to head back to the exchange to try to unload some things. 😕

Lets talk via email and maybe we can figure something out for you.

I would love one, been using my Bush Brute more than any other blade the past several months. Unfortunately, I just lost my only source of income. Maybe it’s time to head back to the exchange to try to unload some things.
Stay positive and ride the wave brother it will swell back up !!!

4 new ones in black micarta and AEB-L. Ready for a new home. We've received good feedback from the parent's of younger users and they seem to really like the size and design of these.

These are $110 each. I'm really busy working thru some family things at the moment so a proper sales post will be a while still.

Lets talk via email and maybe we can figure something out for you.
I appreciate you, Chad. Hope you had an excellent week… and a half! (Wow time flies!)
Stay positive and ride the wave brother it will swell back up !!!
Thanks man, you’re right, it will… it’s been crazy for a while, but I still have the most important things that I could ask for, so I’ve nothing to complain about, really.

4 new ones in black micarta and AEB-L. Ready for a new home. We've received good feedback from the parent's of younger users and they seem to really like the size and design of these.

These are $110 each. I'm really busy working thru some family things at the moment so a proper sales post will be a while still.

Probably long gone by now, but just wondering if any of these could possibly still be available?

Probably long gone by now, but just wondering if any of these could possibly still be available?

I do actually have some still. These haven't been moving that well this winter. The midsize stuff has been more popular the past few months.

Back