Pocketknife used to save a life

From the July 3, 2004 issue of the St. Petersburg (Fla.) Times:

Objects thrown into car; driver burned
By DUANE BOURNE, Times Staff Writer

----------------------------------------

BROOKSVILLE - A 35-year-old woman suffered minor burns when someone tossed what sounded like fireworks into her car as she drove in south Brooksville on Thursday.

When firefighters from Hernando County Fire Rescue's Engine 24 arrived at 802 Leonard St. to extinguish the vehicle fire, the victim, Laura Price, was crying and complaining of burns on her back, a sheriff's report said.

Price was taken to Brooksville Regional Hospital, where she was treated for a 6-inch burn to her back and later released.

Authorities said Price had just driven past a group of people standing at the corner of Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and Leonard Street about 11:35 a.m. Thursday when she saw a flash in front of her face.

The object came in through the car window, landed on the center console, began making popping noises and caught fire, the report stated. As the car's interior started to burn, Price could not release her seat belt and began to honk her horn. That was when passer-by John Smith, 33, rushed up and used his pocketknife to cut through the seat belt and free Price, the report said. The car burst into flames and was totaled.

Price was unable to provide a description of the suspects, who could face arson and aggravated battery charges if they are caught.

Thank You for a Great Article 'mnblade'! I wish we could see more content just exactely like this Thread on our Forum on a more consistent basis... You know the stories are out there just waiting to be told... In fact, you have inspired me!.. I'll be looking for them as well. May God Bless You All.
Anthony

This is awesome...we should forward this stuff when we complain about laws to our congress people and law makers.

where a guy was walking his dog and a croc got the dog by the head. The guy said he couldn;t just stand by and watch, so he used his pocektknife to attack the croc's eye. It let og of the dog, which had 3 puncture wounds but other than that is fine.

Keith

Ferrous Wheel said:
where a guy was walking his dog and a croc got the dog by the head. The guy said he couldn;t just stand by and watch, so he used his pocektknife to attack the croc's eye. It let og of the dog, which had 3 puncture wounds but other than that is fine.

Keith

Keith,
PLEASE FORWARD ME THIS ARTICLE!! :eek: Or at least where I can get the details from which newspaper or whatever!?! ... I am starting to forward and collect any & all of these documented incidents to the Florida Lawmakers in Tallahassee, Florida and Hopefully soon the United States Congress, USA..

Thank You,

SD~

Back