Poisoning Blowgun darts????

Better check your math on that one. There is just no reality in which a blow gun dart is going to have anywhere near the same energy as a .223, unless they are traveling near the same speed. So subsonic certainly, and adjusting for the weight of the dart compared to the bullet, but 2000fps as a comparison point? Nope.

the dart aint about energy, it's about cutting and blood loss. Once the ball bullet is below 2000 fps, it no longer frags or yaw/tumbles. So all it's doing is punching a .223" ID hole. Unless it hits a bone, that is. If it hits bone, the still relatively high energy level will create bullet frags and bone frags, with sufficient energy to damage tissue in a wider path than the bullet's diameter. The .223 aint exactly high energy to start with, on a medium sized animal. Many states dont allow its use on deer and NONE allow it for elk sized critters.

the dart aint about energy, it's about cutting and blood loss. Once the ball bullet is below 2000 fps, it no longer frags or yaw/tumbles. So all it's doing is punching a .223" ID hole. Unless it hits a bone, that is. If it hits bone, the still relatively high energy level will create bullet frags and bone frags, with sufficient energy to damage tissue in a wider path than the bullet's diameter. The .223 aint exactly high energy to start with, on a medium sized animal. Many states dont allow its use on deer and NONE allow it for elk sized critters.
What you are stating as facts are not. Just because you say it does not make it so. ---I don't know why I'm even wasting my time responding to this post.--Peace out!--KV

There is no direct comparison between bladed and blunt projectiles. An arrow with a broadhead does internal damage far greater than a blunt projectile at 5X the speed. Some bullets are built to fragment or mushroom, and they don't need to be going anywhere near 2000 fps to do so. I use .22 pellets in my 800 fps air rifle, and they expand / "frag" just fine when they hit a reasonably soft-skinned varmint. Got to agree with kvaughn here, you are so far off the fact path you might as well run for President.

There is no direct comparison between bladed and blunt projectiles. An arrow with a broadhead does internal damage far greater than a blunt projectile at 5X the speed. Some bullets are built to fragment or mushroom, and they don't need to be going anywhere near 2000 fps to do so. I use .22 pellets in my 800 fps air rifle, and they expand / "frag" just fine when they hit a reasonably soft-skinned varmint. Got to agree with kvaughn here, you are so far off the fact path you might as well run for President.
You do know this thread was started 18 years ago?--Just say no to necroposting!--KV

Back