Police Owners

Just wanted to say I finally got a SS-handled, plain-edge Police model. It's not as heavy as I expected...certainly nowhere near as heavy as my Buck 110. I like the fact it's easy to pull out of the pocket...something I don't always find easy on tip-down knives. The blade does only slightly rub the handle when the right hand opens it, but that's nothing...I got it as a tool to be used. I was debating between fully-serrated or plain, but I'm happy I ended up with a plain. Typically Spyderco razor-sharp, no play in locked position, nor during cutting pressure.
Call me a sucker...I decided I wanted a Police after seeing it so many times in movies. It is now my favorite "large folder."
Jim

Sucker!
biggrin.gif

Now go check out the G-10 model. It has all the great features that the SS Police has,(sans all steel handle) but with a grippier handle and a full height flat ground blade. It's a cutting monster.
Got the G-10 model after I decided I was having too hard a time gripping the SS model. I'll never look back. To me, it's Police model Perfection!!
wink.gif

------------------
My new bumper sticker:

Let me tell you about my SIFU!

Misque: wrong!

I like my old police and I'll never part with it - it was the first Spyderco I ever got and I still use it occasionally.

True - better knives exist and I try to get as many of them, but the old ss police is still one of the most knives anyone can get for his money.

BTW - my friend has the aluminum handle - a model I never liked too much - the balance just doesn't feel right.

enjoy your police.

The SS Police was my first Spyder also - its been carried daily for 6 years and used every day, dropped from great heights, used to cut braided high tensile wire, used to open cans of paint and shackles, neglected and loved. The quality and utility of this knife kickstarted my rampant collecting yet it is still the only knife I do or need to carry. Legendary stuff!

My 2nd Spyderco was a Police, many years ago.

I have owned twelve different Police(s) over the years and have loved every one. I am still pissed at the luggage handler who stole the titanium scaled 50/50 ATS34 model out of my bag! Sal, PLEASE, bring this knife back....

Police packs a large blade, with fine point dedicated for delicate chores, in a slim package, that rides eary in the waist band, comes out easily, and....... for you g-10 fans... can be returned with one hand, with out screwing with your waist band... Sal, Please, ti scales Police.....

Okay, enough whining.

I have a drawer full on knives, and the Police makes its way into my WB a lot.

------------------
"Women bring life into the world
and much death, for they sway the
destinies of men." -Anneas

[This message has been edited by chrisJohn (edited 02-20-2000).]

Back