Police4 FRN scales replacement

ADBrown

Gold Member
Are there replacement scale’s available for the police 4 (k390)? I like the steel, length, etc but dislike FRN. I’d prefer almost anything else such as micarta, Ti, G10, etc.
Thanks in advance!

Sorry I was a bit short this morning, I had to get to work. I don't know of anyone making aftermarket scales for the P4. Since the liners are nested, it would require a lot of machining or new liners as well as scales, or liner delete scales. It would probably be easier to find a G-10 P4 than converting an FRN.

Sorry I was a bit short this morning, I had to get to work. I don't know of anyone making aftermarket scales for the P4. Since the liners are nested, it would require a lot of machining or new liners as well as scales, or liner delete scales. It would probably be easier to find a G-10 P4 than converting an FRN.
Thanks very much for the info!

Just a note that there is also the KC Pakkawood P4 in cladded Hap40. My favorite. Hap40 is the Japanese Rex 45, and with the cladding, I don't have to worry about K390 corrosion.

Thanks for reminding of that version…I’ll look into it!
Allan

I didn't realize the police 3 was just vg10 I guess I was thinking of police 4. Carrying my police 4 lightweight today and it really is my favorite knife. I hated FRN texturing until I experienced Spyderco's FRN on the Seki models and it feels much higher quality than other makers if you haven't tried it before you may like it?

I’ve had one of their models with FRN scales and while extremely grippy, I hated the look and wound up replacing them. I went to suingab.com and found they make replacements for a large number of Spydercos - choices of micarta, G10 and others in various colors, textures etc. I’m going to give it a shot. I love the blade length of the P4 and have wanted to try k390; maybe the new scales will round it all out! Glad to hear you’re liking your police!
Allan

I've ordered scales from suingab.com - he does exceptional work. As long as he makes the model you have, he's pretty quick.

Back