Votes: 22 21.4%
  • 7-8 oz.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • 8-9 oz.

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • 9+ oz.

Votes: 14 13.6%

• Total voters
If you carry a rotation of knives, you can select multiple answers. (Please vote)

Thank you!

Last edited:
I honestly couldn't tell you. I swap knives out pretty often, and am usually carrying multiple knives each day. I don't think I've ever weighed any of my regularly carried knives. The weight is so inconsequential, it's just never occurred to me.

Interesting question! I'll have to weigh it when I get home.

3.4 oz on a work day. It varies wildly, on a day off.

Last edited:
I don't honestly know... I do know that I tend to carry the lighter stuff by preference. Bugout is right around perfect in my book.

I wear chef pants and so anything over 3 ounces is going to swing around too much in my pocket. I tend to stick around 3-4oz, but have carried heavier. Around 4-5oz the weight becomes noticeable. I don’t generally carry knives unless they are fixed blades in the 4-5oz range as it is overkill for my needs.

If I had to guess, the avg weight of one of my folders is 4-5 oz. For every 3 oz knife I carry, I probably have a 6 oz knife. Weight of a knife is not too important to me. I'm 6'7" about 300 lbs. A few extra ounces of carry won't be noticed.

If I had to guess, the avg weight of one of my folders is 4-5 oz. For every 3 oz knife I carry, I probably have a 6 oz knife. Weight of a knife is not too important to me. I'm 6'7" about 300 lbs. A few extra ounces of carry won't be noticed.
No need to average, you can choose multiple answers

If you carry a rotation of knives, you can select multiple answers. (Please vote)

Thank you!
The Opinel N°10 is around 2oz, pocket sheath another half ounce.

OME5UwY.jpeg

Zieg

Back