Polled ax

First forging of one with a poll.I like it right off the bat.From a good sized hex pry bar.
hawk.jpg

Very Nice ! That TomaHawk Is a "Work Of Art !" Thank's for sharing the picture,

Thanks again.Actually it is for a drawing a few of us on another forum are doing.A hawk in the hat we call it.Supposed to represent your best work.Even if you get a newbie attempt that doesn't match some other's work you can let him know what you think about it and if he gets yours can see where he might can improve. I worked more on it today darkening it and putting my mark on it.The drawing is may 1st so I got a little time to get attached to her. Here is the finished piece and I thank you for the kind words.
close.jpg
And an overall look.
hith.jpg

That's beautiful!

That is stunning!

Do you sell your work? I would like to know how much a piece like that would cost? Also do you have any idea what the weight is on the head? Thanks in advance.

Paul.

That is stunning!

Do you sell your work? I would like to know how much a piece like that would cost? Also do you have any idea what the weight is on the head? Thanks in advance.

Paul.

I would like to know this as well.

Side note: Where do I buy a Curly Maple Hawk handle??

I may be contacted at slagstag@yahoo.com
Dunlap wood products is a great place to buy curly maple.I don't have the link at the moment but a quick google should find them.They have several grades and nice hickory too.
I have tuned my drift to fit their handles pretty darn well.
Thank you for all the nice replies.

Glenn, A fine job on this hawk! Hex has 6 sides, I count 8 sides so it must be an octagon. :D I've got hawk hafts from Dunlap and they really do have some nice ones but not sure if you can order just one but wouldn't hurt to try. There prices were very good but who know they could have doubled by now.

Thanks for the correction Raymond. hahaha :)You and Longmire have always been an inspiration for me in hawk making. :) I have been wondering if I would see you at Bladeshow.I am hoping to make a supplies run myself.Hope to see you.
I do believe Daniel at Dunlap's told me they would ship singles.Daniel is the shop foreman, Mr. Wayne is the owner.Nice folks to deal with.
Thanks again for the comments.
Glenn

Glenn, Last year was it for me doing Blade. Raid Hawkins should have some nice hafts there but double the cost of Dunlap's. Blade Show is the best show for getting supplies but don't forget to bring you piggy bank.

Email address updated.
I know about the piggy bank.That reminds me, I better get out to the forge..

Back