Pommel Question ?

I have had several BK7's and other models yet with Different shape or style pommel area,I was just wondering Why?
becker-1.jpg

c3a-1.jpg

I prefer the lower style pommel
both from a pair of BK7's both Camillus versions,Thanks TTD

Hey Mr. Tony.....

The more protuberant pommel came first and ittended to be uncomfortabl on the ribs....Sooo came Mod 2 which will just as readily induce an instant headache to a doer of evil and is comfier to carry and makes a much better target for a baton..NEITHER ONE IS INTENDED AS A HAMMER....When you miss the stake or whatever with the pommel of a knife you will not hurt the knife or the stake, but the heel of your hand can take a LONG time to heal...I KNOW this....It REALLY HURT ....I was 11 or 12, the knife was a WWII KaBar, and I NEVER tried that trick again...

All Best...

ethan

Thank you sir.... I never use it as a hammer just always wondered why the different styles, thanks again Tony :D

Tony....

I assumed that you probably knew better, but I deliver THAT lecture evey time I have the opportunity...I was digging stuff out of my hand for weeks(well, a couple of days) and I really do not want any of my valued customers and friends going through that.....It was one of those injuries that in a REAL situation, far from pavement, could tip the balance in an a very ugly way....

All Best...

ethan

Back