Possible old Cold Steel sighting

MagenDavid

Want some Kosher Salami?
For reasons that remain as yet unclear to me, I found myself recently compelled to watch Suburban Commando. Most of you might not remember this magnum opus of an explanation as to why Hulk Hogan never made a successful transition into Hollywood, but it nevertheless it was there for the watching. In any case, at one point in the movie (around 26 minutes in), the flaxen-haired space warrior played by the aforementioned professional wrestler prepares to violently confront a mailman with what looks like a Cold Steel Trailmaster (and one of the more peculiar methods of brandishing a knife I've ever seen). Does anyone care to attempt to confirm or refute if the WWF champion-turned-galactic mercenary is, in fact, wielding a Trailmaster? For reference, here's a trailer, with a view of the knife about 32 seconds in.
[video=youtube;7zlvyiB6_2w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zlvyiB6_2w[/video]

Although there are a few old discontinued Bowies that might fit the picture (Gerber, Rigid, Teton, etc) it does look very much
like an older CS Trailmaster with the writing perpendicular to the blade direction on the ricasso.

That's hilarious!
That one is totally new to me!
It looks very much like our Trailmaster
Well spotted!

Two of our crew worked with Hogan back in the day as stuntmen on 3 Ninjas.
Perhaps they talked blades? I'll have to ask them and find out!

That is funny. I am glad to see CS in the movies and even more glad that Hulk Hogan didn't make it in the movies. Terrible movies and terrible acting.

It actually looks pretty cool to me. I love cheesy action flicks. :D:cool:
Speaking objectively, this movie is just awful. I'm not totally convinced that Hulk Hogan had a script or knew he was in a movie.
Speaking subjectively, this movie takes me back to when I was a kid. The world was big, I didn't notice plot holes, and anything seemed possible. I still enjoy watching it alongside some of those other cheesy staples like American Ninja, 3 Ninjas, Surf Ninjas, the live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and suddenly I'm realizing how much of my time was spent watching ninjas and why school seemed so boring.
I never seem to notice that every extraterrestrial life form in Suburban Commando speaks English natively, yet I get hung up watching The Mask of Zorro on the idea that a girl raised in Andalusia doesn't speak a word of Spanish.

Too funny. Speaking of Cold Steel Sightings, is this Recon Scout?

tumblr_nkc2rsD0Ey1u6vlozo1_400.jpg

Speaking subjectively, this movie takes me back to when I was a kid. The world was big, I didn't notice plot holes, and anything seemed possible.

I think that's also the reason I like them so much. :thumbup:

Ursa, I remember that pic being posted a long time ago. I believe the consensus was that it's an ODA:
CS38DASM.jpg

:cool:

Back