Possible WWI Khukri?

I came across this Khukri in an antique shop near Ithaca, NY. The label called it a "World War 1 Nepalese Gurka Khukri machete circa 1916"

While I didn't buy it, I took a few pictures to share here.

007-6.jpg

008-6.jpg

009-5.jpg

Wow. Looks like the chakma was either made from a file or included a file? Probably the former. We'll need our member Karda to chime in on what this thing really is. We recently had a fellow who bought such a thing that turned out to indeed be the real McCoy...a late 19th century model. FANTASTIC. Karda was able to contribute...he's the expert (of course there are others too)...just not me. I'll be interested.

Looks pretty authentic, but I don't know much about the old ones. I'm going to pop this over to the cantina since it's off topic:) Can't wait to hear what the other's think of it.

Looks like a well-made Nepalese village kukri, not a military pattern. The chakmak often has grooves or crosshatchings added to enhance its effectiveness as a flint striker. Hard to date a style still being made today, but probably not older than the 1930s.
2a0g8sl.jpg

John G. you lucky dog. That is the kind of Kukri I have been wanting for a long while. My first thought was that your Kukri wasn't a machete or a military type. Listen to Berkley on this one. His knowledge and experience have helped me greatly in the past.
Below is a slightly different tipped Villager Kukri.
Villager Khukuri.jpg

Back