1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Post feedback to closed thread

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by green14, Dec 10, 2018.

1. green14

green14

Dec 6, 2010
    When I try to post feedback here - https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/all-sold.1626920/ it says I can't.. says
    "Invalid thread specified. You can leave feedback only for the starter of the thread or if you have started the thread."

But I'm clicking add feedback on the thread.. is it because I never posted in there before it was locked?

thanks
    M

2. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Yes. Ask the seller to open the thread long enough for you to post in it. You can both exchange feedback after that whether he closes it again or not.

Peter Hartwig and benchwarmer380 like this.
  3. morvlorv

morvlorv Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2014
    i get this same error when trying to leave feedback for members that bought from me.
    In both cases, the forum members did not post in the for sale thread. Would this be why I am not able to leave feedback for them?

4. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    Yes.

The feedback software requires both people to have posted in the sales thread in order for feedback to be exchanged between them. (Obviously, the seller posted in the thread when he posted the opening sale post.)

morvlorv likes this.
  5. SharpMetal

SharpMetal Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2016
    I did not know this. Thank you for posting.