Post Pics of your SOG Knives!

Boy, it is a little dead around here!

Last weekend I took all my blades out and gave them a once over with some tuff cloth. I do this every month or so. While I had them all out together I took some family photos. Here are all my SOGs:

EDIT! This is a different photo than the original! I deleted the original in picasa but I hate threads without the intended photo! I added this one to make the thread more appealing right off the get go.
20140520_190854.jpg

Sorry. Didn't realize how bad the photo was until I went post it. yuck! Not pictured is the seki Pentagon I just picked up. It needs a little clean-up work, I'll post pics of it later with a comparison to the current Taiwanese version.

Anyway, let's see some sog pics!

Last edited:
Just two at the moment. But a Twitch II is en route across the Atlantic as we speak.

As someone fairly new to the brand, I wonder if it is possible to put the model names with your pictures? Just gives me an idea of what Im looking at (and what to buy next;))

Sure, no problem!

Top to bottom:
Sog Fari 13", I Know now that there are much better Machetes out there but this one is still good looking.

Left row:
Sog Seal Team, like yours but not Elite version.
Sog Tech Bowie, an absolute classic and quite beautiful
Sog Gov Tac, now discontinued but still available some places, I bought it off a member here. Would make a fantastic soldier blade.
Sog Seal Pup

Right row:
Sog Pentagon (Taiwanese version). Cool but I like the Seki version more
Sog Aegis
Sog Aegis Mini, super light weight, this is my gym shorts blade, bought off a member here
Sog Flash II, my first SOG and entry into blade collection. I EDCed it everyday for almost 3 years, yes it has blade play but I still think it is fantastic.

Not pictured:
Sog Pentagon Seki version (pics coming)

Overall, I like sog fixed blades more than the folders. Some folks will bash sog for many different things, especially their assisted opening folders. Both the Aegis knives I have had blade play when I got them but by tightening all the screws and adjusting the pivots, I have gotten ride of virtually all play in any direction.

I have thought about the visionary and Vulcan folders but the price just seems too high and I don't generally like recurves (but that is changing with a BM 710 and a ZT 0200 I have now and a Blur on the way). What do you think of the Vulcan? How is the lock up? Any blade play?

The Mini Vulcan was my first SOG. I like it a lot. I'm a fan of the recurve (I have a ZT 350 and Kershaw Scallion)
Lockup is perfect, and the action is butter smooth. As for the price, I got mine imported to the UK from the US, as the price over here to buy from a dealer works out at around $240!!.
Thanks for naming your knives, its a great help. Though I am getting to recognize the models now.
P

Remember this one? It's a late 90's Auto-Clip:

It's the only SOG I still have a picture of (and the knife too!).

Last edited:
Finally got chance to do a little work with the Seal Team Elite. Jusat a few feather sticks, but so far impressed with the feel of the knife.

And I had to take a couple of other sharps to keep it company ;)

My new SOG Trident to replace my old Trident. Still one of the baddest looking folders out there in my opinion. I've put it through hell and back and it never failed. The blade still snaps open just as quick as day one. Only reason I'm retiring it is because I've sharpened it so many damn times!
tridents.jpg

Looking good gunner. I need to post an updated photo one of these days because my SOG collection has gotten a little out of control. Can you say 2 tiger sharks in a week long period....

Okay, here is an update family photo. For some reason whenever I take pictures of all my knives together they come out crappy! Oh well.
20140520_190854.jpg

Top left going down each column then to the right:

Aegis Mini. User. Workout knife.
Aegis. User. Carried when lite and highly concealed is needed.
Flash II. This is the knife that got me into knives. Carried everyday for about 3 years.
Pentagon Seki. Collector. Fantastic blade shape.
Pentagon. New version. Came with a blunted tip, fixed it and now is an inside the house user (illegal to carry in Pa).
The Gov-Tacs. Love these knives.Excellent sheath! Tini, 25th Anniversary, bead-blasted, and a Tini user. Easy to conceal inverted on the belt.
Tech Bowie. User. Just a beautiful blade.
Seal Pup Seki. Collector.
Seal Pup. user. Strapped on a BOB.
Seal 2000. User. Got it off the exchange for a great price. Will see plenty of action this summer.
Seal 2000. Collector.
Seal Team. Hard User. This is my big downstairs fixed blade. It does everything from yard-work to food prep.
TigerShark S.M.C.A. Collector at this point, who knows in the future.
MidNite Tigershark S.M.C.A. Collector.
Tsunami Seki. Collector.
Tsunami Mini Seki. Collector.
Tsunami newer style. User. A very underrated Taiwanese produced SOG. It is simply gorgeous. It begs for a small and lite kydex sheath.
At the top is the SOGFari.

More pics:
20140520_190924.jpg

20140520_191028.jpg

20140520_191038.jpg

Last edited:
Hehe, you guys are all right! I wish I had the same # of SOGs as I did this time last year but what I have on hand ought to suffice....ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403158555.127583.jpg

DEMO (new)
5th SPECIAL FORCES (new)
S1 (new)
TOMCAT COCOBOLO (new)
STINGRAY COCOBOLO (new)
Fasthawk
Powerlock

Back