Post up your 4-5" Bushcraft blades

Here are a couple of mine. 4.5" blades. 80crv2 steel.
c59fb773ab35b963d693c22a4ec1dde0

68ac01d7a930ffda78500c7f9081f0f9

ff5dc2f12627218c85c96757da6cf2cc

7d43b5f4e440c4363c088477f4cc0f90

Very nice work!

I don't know how to post pictures, but I am surprised that nobody has drawn attention to the Camillus Bushcrafter. I have one, and think that it is just great.

FEATURES

1095 high carbon steel blade
Heat coloured flint grey blade finish
4" (10 cm) scandi ground blade
Back of blade throws sparks
Brown canvas micarta handle
Total length: 8.5" (21.5 cm)
Heavy leather sheath that looks and feels and smells like it was made in a saddle shop
Made in the USA

It costs about $100 (about $65 in U.S. funds) here in Canada and comes with a lifetime warranty from Camillus. Canadian Tire (a huge national retailer) stocks it and offers an immediate lifetime in-store exchange warranty policy. Great reviews ...

Last edited:
Here's a little Bush utility knife I made for myself.
O1 and black micarta.

20160914_213548.jpg

Why thank you! I've done some carving and a couple fuzz sticks. She handles nicely IMO. I'll get some feed back from some friends on it in about a month along with a couple few other designs.

Why thank you! I've done some carving and a couple fuzz sticks. She handles nicely IMO. I'll get some feed back from some friends on it in about a month along with a couple few other designs.

Please share the results when you do.

Koster Bushcraft with my normal walk through the weeds day gear, in the Leatherman pouch is a Skeletool with all the bits, Pick Jack folding lock pick set, (kinda like a jackknife with lockpicks), an SAK Alox Farmer plus an LED AAA light, bandana and my harmonica. With those things on me and a full belly I'm good for a day in the woods, worst case I could start a fire and build an impromptu/makeshift shelter if need be.

On the Ed Alpern Bushcraft sheath I have a firestarter along with some paracord, a bunch of double sided Velcro, compass and a set of pace count beads.

fH4sZXP.jpg

Ros72V5.jpg

This is one of my favorite threads. So many awesome blades. That said, I miss some of the makers who are no longer making knives like Breeden, Andrews and Wohlwend.

Here's my super cool BHK Woodsman Pro.

Vintage Remington RH32 with my Norlund Camper axe. Sweet combo.

Here's my L.T. Wright Boattail Scandi. I love this knife. I've got lots of knives but this one gets most of the use for my "bushcraft" or camping or whatever use. It just fits me well.

I had one back in the day when Blind Horse Knives was making them and the steel they used wasn't tempered hard enough for my liking. This one from L.T. is a little thicker handle, a little longer and a little harder. Just right. I love it and so glad I found one.

It came with a slight micro bevel but I'm working on getting it to a true Scandi grind. Works great so far.

1030161707-L.jpg

My only personal user in right now in the 4-in range

20140816_144721_zpsba7b6dd0.jpg

7V0A7511_zpsow9hgyd6.jpg

Had to sell this one but making one with this combo for myself as soon as I get a chance.

Here's one I gave to a close friend and his wife that lives in AZ.
I love using a Kephart style knife.

I found the elk horn I used on this one while backpacking on the CDT in NM in 2009.

llHBDo2.jpg

I only make knives to give away to family and close friends. It lets them know how much I care for them. :)

Here's one I gave to a close friend and his wife that lives in AZ.
I love using a Kephart style knife.

I found the elk horn I used on this one while backpacking on the CDT in NM in 2009.

llHBDo2.jpg

I only make knives to give away to family and close friends. It lets them know how much I care for them. :)

That knife looks very very nice!
Esp the friendly blade shape speaks to me.
You have some lucky friends and relatives.
What's the steel used and the length?

That knife looks very very nice!
Esp the friendly blade shape speaks to me.
You have some lucky friends and relatives.
What's the steel used and the length?

Thanks! I really enjoy using a Kephart style blade.
I've made some with O-1 and some with A-2. This one is out of 1/8" O-1. Heat treated by Peters to 59.
Cutting edge is 4", overall is 8 7/8" and 1 1/16" tall.
The friend I gave it to really liked that I used elk horn I found while backpacking.

Back