Post your Arno Bernard Pic's!

Thanks Mustacheben Mustacheben
Admittedly, that's a very sweet pair!
How did you come across the Orca, I now wonder how rare the Orca knives are...?
Yes I’m very thankful for the opportunity to have one! I found it on blade binge formerly Knafsale. I don’t hardly ever look at the site but just so happened to stumble upon it. As to how rare they are I’m not sure. I know they are no longer making them as Arno Sr. Has retired but I also don’t know how many they made. The Prev owner said he purchased in 2020ish timeframe.

ASC dropped a few new iMambas recently and I was lucky enough to grab this beauty in desert ironwood. Been waiting patiently for the last few months for these to be listed on their website. I’m really pleased with the patterns on the scales! Should arrive in a couple of days. Pics courtesy of ASC, too good not to share:

7DtJyom.jpg

sBCjnMJ.jpg

jAlk03t.jpg

fGfnJX4.jpg

ASC dropped a few new iMambas recently and I was lucky enough to grab this beauty in desert ironwood. Been waiting patiently for the last few months for these to be listed on their website. I’m really pleased with the patterns on the scales! Should arrive in a couple of days. Pics courtesy of ASC, too good not to share:

7DtJyom.jpg

sBCjnMJ.jpg

jAlk03t.jpg

fGfnJX4.jpg
That looks so sophisticated yet understated and simple. A very handsome knife.

That looks so sophisticated yet understated and simple. A very handsome knife.
I totally agree. The iMamba definitely has an understated elegance to it, especially with such a beautiful set of inlays. UPS was kind enough to let me know delivery is delayed, so I guess I get to wait a bit longer to see it in person.

I totally agree. The iMamba definitely has an understated elegance to it, especially with such a beautiful set of inlays. UPS was kind enough to let me know delivery is delayed, so I guess I get to wait a bit longer to see it in person.
I’m sure that will be worth it. My first and greatest love was for wooden handles knives. Rosewood, African Tambotie, and such. Recent decades I am enjoying the modern materials for a bit of fun. But there’s something about that desert ironwood man!

Which holds best in the hands. Which would you use?
So far I only carry and use the plain Jane one. The mammoth one likely won’t ever see any kind of regular carry, maybe a wedding or special occasion, and the desert ironwood one I just received yesterday. I was thinking I would carry that one but now that I have it, it might be too pretty as well. It fills the hand well, similar to the all Ti one, so maybe once the honeymoon is over, I’ll start carrying it more regularly. I wouldn’t want to damage it though so I’m guessing I’ll stick with carrying the plain one for now. That one has a CRK lanyard plug in it too that I picked up off eBay, which fits perfectly.

Last edited:
So far I only carry and use the plain Jane one. The mammoth one likely won’t ever see any kind of regular carry, maybe a wedding or special occasion, and the desert ironwood one I just received yesterday. I was thinking I would carry that one but now that I have it, it might be too pretty as well. It fills the hand well, similar to the all Ti one, so maybe once the honeymoon is over, I’ll start carrying it more regularly. I wouldn’t want to damage it though so I’m guessing I’ll stick with carrying the plain one for now. That one has a CRK lanyard plug in it too that I picked up off eBay, which fits perfectly.
Excellent. Thanks.

I carried my Desert Ironwood almost exclusively for six months. The titanium looks a bit used here and there but it is hard to see any marks on/in the wood.
The Desert Ironwood on yours is much nicer than on mine so I understand the precaution.

Last edited:
I carried my Desert Ironwood almost exclusively for six months. The titanium looks a bit used here and there but it is hard to see any marks on/in the wood.
The Desert Ironwood on yours is much nicer than on mine so I understand the precaution.
Amazing wood. Like burl walnut

UPS dropped off my new Rinkhals today. Love it. Not usually a fan of the smaller knives but I wanted one for places I need a slip joint with shorter blade for legal reasons. We go on vacation quite a bit and I “needed” one. lol. Feels great in the hand and doesn’t feel too small.IMG_0185.jpegIMG_0183.jpeg

Last edited:
UPS dropped off my new Rinkhals today. Love it. Not usually a fan of the smaller knives but I wanted one for places I need a slip joint with shorter blade for legal reasons. We go on vacation quite a bit and I “needed” one. lol. Feels great in the hand and doesn’t feel too small.View attachment 2552393View attachment 2552394
I know all about those needs. Opening packets of candy. Opening pasta. Opening those tightly sealed vac-plastic over chocolate boxes.

Surprisingly interesting without the clip on a slip joint.

I know all about those needs. Opening packets of candy. Opening pasta. Opening those tightly sealed vac-plastic over chocolate boxes.

Surprisingly interesting without the clip on a slip joint.
Well, I’m a lefty and technically the clip was on wrong side for me. I decided to try it without it for awhile. I can always put it back on if I want to.

Very nice! I have a Rinkhals due to be delivered tomorrow. I went for the Elforyn one from ASC — I think it’s still listed on their site but isn’t available.

Here’s another shot of my iMamba trio as well, the last one didn’t quite do them justice (a bit out of focus).
eZIPl7y.jpg

Beautiful!

Back