Post your examples of "Reputation Point Abuse"

geothorn

Banned
I get the impression that some folks don't think that there's any abuse occuring through the BladeForums' Reputation Point system. I think that they perhaps are ignoring it, or assuming that it doesn't happen because it's never happened to them, or something.

Here's my most recent anonyomus ding's content:
AnonymousDing.jpg

It was an anonymous ding because of my posts in this thread, apparently, at least, that's the thread that this anonymous coward chose to ding me for not being a "paying member" of BladeForums.

Here's my response to the cowardly cretin, in the thread where he dinged me:
geothorn said:
Some illiterate chickenshit just anonymously dinged me for my response in this thread: "05-30-2005 07:03 PM At lest he supports this place."

I guess that I should pay, if I want to see who the jerk-off is that cannot properly speak. No, that's ok, if I pay, I might become just as illiterate as he is.

He *must* be busily and incoherently typing, if he dings every member just because they aren't paying.

No, the reputation point system isn't abused.... It's being "creatively misused" by inbred hillbillies. :)

GeoThorn
That's the only response that is available to me, to address the anonymous twit. I apologize for being so insulting in my reply, as that usually isn't my demeanor, however, I couldn't think of any better way to get the coward to poke his head out of his hiding place.

Why am I so ticked-off about it, some may ask. Well, the anonymous ding wasn't anything to do with my content in that thread, which, up until his ding, was light and humorous, it was merely a negative ding because I'm not paying for a BladeForums membership.

I'm opening this thread for those that feel that they have been abused by the BladeForums reputation point system, for whatever reason, and would like to post them, herein.

The moderators or Sparks could perhaps see who this anonymous dinger is, and discover if he has a history of such spurious and cowardly dings. Is there any ability in the BladeForums reputation point system to only allow disapproving/negative dings if they are signed?

Only by signing each and every negative reputaion point ding would there be a reduction in the abuse of the reputation point system. If someone is too cowardly to sign their name and take responsibility for whatever imbecility they post, either on the boards or in ripping someone's reputation points for BS reasons, then they shouldn't have the ability. Period.

GeoThorn

P.S. Many thanks to those of you that have given me positive points to make up for the coward's ding. I really appreciate it.

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
**** this ****

Buy a knife and have some fun. Post excessive dumb crap like I do. Don't worry about rep points (although I check my user cp every time I sign on :rolleyes: ).

Here we go again. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Let he who has never committed a typo cast the first stone.

Call up your favorite politician and ask him if he is in the habit of demanding to know the name of every cowardly cretin who abuses the democratic system by voting against him....

I think we need to start banning these whining crybabies.

They obviously don't 'get it', and I'm sick of hearing it.

:rolleyes:

...and you wonder why the H.P.I.C. hasn't issued you a License To Kill. We can't start banning people just because they're whining crybabies; where would we stop? :cool:

Gahhh! Noooo! a red chiclet has ruined my Life! Someone has taken my reason to live! Without chiclets of shiny green, my life is perfectly meaningless!
(sarcasm)

The only thing worse than these people who are obsessed with chiclets is the guy who claims he doesnt care, but constantly posts challenges to the "coward" who dinged him. It makes sense to ding negative points anonymously, since whiners like this guy would undoubtedly try to give you crap about it in the future- if they knew who you were. It doesnt mean anything if you have red chicklets, But if you whine alot, you will get alot of them
:D Ding! Here comes a cherry chiclet! ;)

Great that all of the moderators can see an example of reputation point abuse, which they deny ever happens, and, what do they do? They stand up for the abusive chickenshit.

All cowards should have their defenders, I guess, since they won't stand up for themselves. Rat Finkenstein likes hiding behind a name that he created to take dings. Fun fun.

GeoThorn

CODE 3 said:
I think we need to start banning these whining crybabies.

They obviously don't 'get it', and I'm sick of hearing it.

:rolleyes:
You're going to ban the coward that anonymously dinged me? Great, a moderator that seems to have a distaste for yellow bellied lilly livered chickenshits!

Oh, you meant you want to ban me? Sure, get rid of a brave and courageous non-chickenshit. Then you can have more cowards! Brilliant thinking!

GeoThorn

geothorn said:
Is there any ability in the BladeForums reputation point system to only allow disapproving/negative dings if they are signed?
There are two ways to let someone know that they disapprove of someone's post. One is to give him a negative reputation point. If a person is continually being an ass, he'll have a lower or possibly negative (red chicklet) reputation. The purpose of this (along with the opposite) is to let other people know what kind of person this is. That's the whole point of this system. This way is private, unless the person signs it of course.

The other way is to publicly tell the person that he's being an ass.

By the way, you're being an ass.

Planterz said:
There are two ways to let someone know that they disapprove of someone's post. One is to give him a negative reputation point. If a person is continually being an ass, he'll have a lower or possibly negative (red chicklet) reputation. The purpose of this (along with the opposite) is to let other people know what kind of person this is. That's the whole point of this system. This way is private, unless the person signs it of course.

The other way is to publicly tell the person that he's being an ass.

By the way, you're being an ass.
Great, another person that defends cowards. I had no idea of the love for the cowardly members at BladeForums that don't have enough belief in their words to sign them.

GeoThorn

BTW, those of you defending the coward will have probably noticed that you haven't received any anonymous dings in response to your rudeness with me. That's because I'm not a coward that hides behind anonymity and dings people for BS reasons.

Oh well, you seem to prefer the chickenshit cowards.

GeoThorn

geothorn said:
Great, another person that defends cowards. I had no idea of the love for paying cowardly members at BladeForums.

GeoThorn
WTF are you babbling about?

I for one support the anonymity of the reputation system. If dinging someone anonymously is "cowardly", then what do you call whining and bitching about getting dinged? What do you call demanding to know the identity of the dinger? Why do you want to know the identity of the dinger? If you knew, what would you do with that knowledge? Ding him back?

Because if you want to see an example of "Reputation Point Abuse", I think that'd qualify.

By the way, you're still being an ass.

Planterz said:
I'm not babbling about anything. Just stating that BladeForums members love defending cowards. Nice that you're reducing this to my "babbling." If I'm indeed "babbling," why are you responding?

Planterz said:
I for one support the anonymity of the reputation system.
Why do you support it? Do you also like stabbing people in the back, anonymously, and with impugnity, from time to time?

Planterz said:
If dinging someone anonymously is "cowardly", then what do you call whining and bitching about getting dinged?
I don't call it "cowardly." What do you call it? I'm sitting here typing to you, you know who I am, I know who you are. Why are you defending this coward that anonymously dinged me?

Planterz said:
What do you call demanding to know the identity of the dinger?
I'm not calling it anything, what do you call it? If the chickenshit cannot sign his name, why is that? Is he not proud of showing his imbecility? Seems not.

Planterz said:
Why do you want to know the identity of the dinger? If you knew, what would you do with that knowledge? Ding him back?
Why do you think I want to know his name? If I knew his name, yes, I could ding him. Without his name, I guess that my only alternative is to ding every paying member, until my ability to ding runs out, because I cannot ding the coward specifically, without dinging every paying member along the way. How do you respond to anonymous dings? You just accept them, hunh?

Planterz said:
Because if you want to see an example of "Reputation Point Abuse", I think that'd qualify.
I've never given anyone a negative reputation point in my nine months here. Why? Because I have the balls along with the eloquence necessary to respond to posts, without hiding behind the option of anonymity. The option is there but I've never used it. I'm sure that Sparks or the moderators could confirm my statement as fact, if you don't want to believe me.

Planterz said:
Takes one to know one, Einstein.

The only person that I'm insulting in this thread is the coward, yet, I'm the one getting insulted by everyone defending the chickenshit. What fun.

GeoThorn

Planterz said:
Is this some of this "eloquence" you're speaking of?

BTW, I'm made of rubber and you're made of glue. :rolleyes:
You really respond to questioning well. You don't answer any questions.

You call me an "ass" twice, and when I return your insult, once, you shut down. Poor baby.

Enough time wasted with you.

GeoThorn

Thanks for your anonymous ding, Planterz. You are now an official member of the cowardly anonymous dingleberry club.

GeoThorn

geothorn said:
You really respond to questioning well. You don't answer any questions.
Well gee, neither did you.

Since you press though...

Why do you support it?
I already explained why I support it. Directly after where I stated that I supported it.
Do you also like stabbing people in the back, anonymously, and with impugnity, from time to time?
If every time I ding someone the board gets bombarded with whiny bitches, then it certainly seems like a good idea. And in your case, you want to know who did it. Why should I give you what you want? Why should I give quarter to people for whom I have no respect?
Why are you defending this coward that anonymously dinged me?
Because he's right.
How do you respond to anonymous dings? You just accept them, hunh?
As opposed to...making a thread like this and whining about it? Yes.
Thanks for your anonymous ding, Planterz. You are now an official member of the cowardly anonymous dingleberry club.
'Twasn't me. To prove it, here's a SIGNED one immediately afterward (which the system wouldn't let me do if I'd just given you one).

Planterz said:
Well gee, neither did you.

Since you press though...

I already explained why I support it. Directly after where I stated that I supported it.
Planterz said:

I for one support the anonymity of the reputation system. If dinging someone anonymously is "cowardly", then what do you call whining and bitching about getting dinged? What do you call demanding to know the identity of the dinger? Why do you want to know the identity of the dinger? If you knew, what would you do with that knowledge? Ding him back?

No, sorry, I don't see any explanation of why you support anonymous reputation point dings. I haven't needed any eye correction, thus far in my life, but, maybe you need an eye test? Why do you support anonymous reputation point dings? (I figured I'd ask again...if I ask often enough, maybe you'll stop dodging it....)

Planterz said:
If every time I ding someone the board gets bombarded with whiny bitches, then it certainly seems like a good idea. And in your case, you want to know who did it. Why should I give you what you want? Why should I give quarter to people for whom I have no respect?
You sure are insulting Planterz. I'm glad that I don't have to stoop to your level when I have a discussion. "Whiny bitches" - implying that I'm whining and that I'm a female. It's too bad that you can't properly argue without hitting below the belt.

Why don't you respect me, Planterz? I'm standing up for myself against a coward that anonymously dinged me because I'm not a paying member of BladeForums. You like cowards better, hunh?

Planterz said:
Because he's right.
True, true, I'm only a "Registered User" at BladeForums. However, do you really think that anonymously dinging me for not "supporting this place" will somehow convince me to pay for this service, that allows cowards to abuse the system? No, sorry, it's worse than that. The moderators and the paying members are actively defending the cowards that abuse the system. Is that a "service" worth paying for? Maybe, for the cowardly dinger, it is.

Planterz said:
As opposed to...making a thread like this and whining about it? Yes.
It's your contention that I'm whining. Why should I lend any credence or weight to someone who doesn't respect me nor will give me quarter? I don't. My contention is that anonymously dinging someone, three weeks after the thread to be dinged had run its course, and dinging me not because of any disagreement with my posts, or that I was lying or misleading in my posts, but because I'm not "supporting this place?" I guess that the coward thinks that the only way to "support" BladeForums is to pay for a membership? I've been starting threads, posting responses, and engaging in discussions. Is that not also a way to "support" BladeForums?

Planterz said:
'Twasn't me. To prove it, here's a SIGNED one immediately afterward (which the system wouldn't let me do if I'd just given you one).
Sorry, I also don't believe every word that an insulting, coward-lover tells me. :) You are far more knowledgeable in the use of negative reputation point giving than I shall ever be. Congratulations.

GeoThorn

Back