Post your firearms collection!

Jeebus! I love WWII era stuff!

I'm no gun expert, or even apprentice, is that a Short Magazine Lee Enfield which I just happen to not see the bolt handle or is it some Semi auto Enfield?

EDIT: looking from my phone, pics are tiny. Found the bolt handle lol...

Dang Cell phones

Good thing! I was looking at the bolt going huh?? Cell phone pics = EVIL. VERY EVIL.

Pugs!! WOW!! sometimes a bit of cleaning and something everyone else passed up on becomes the belle of the ball. That is awesome and you say the bore is minty? Good thing do occasionally happen to good people. Good to know :)

Why thank you, I almost sent it back, but I think the white crust actually preserved the metal and wood. I learned a valuable lesson about not judging a book by it 's cover!

That's a beauty of an Enfield right there. Very nice indeed.

Thanks man

The threading is not for a compensator it is for a suppressor. The bottom plate is made by Stiller, the same company that makes the action. I just put the scope on it a week ago so I have not bothered to weigh it yet. And I am only 5 rounds into the break in process so no I have not started to test for the perfect round/load but yes I will be doing all my own loading.

Woops, I had forgotten that you mentioned a suppressor. Going to be fun. Well at least it would be for me. Working up the perfect round is one of the things I love to do. Don't get me wrong, shooting once you have it all worked out is great to but there is something very interesting to me about tweaking the proportions here and there and looking for the best result. Makes me want to go find a new rifle to work up. I have been thinking about try something really challenging like getting a .223 rifle to shoot consistent moa at 1mile. Not sure it is even possible to be consistent with that light a round at that distance but might be fun to try.

Wait... .223 at 1 mile? 1000 yards MAYBE but there are only a hand full of rounds on the market that can give consistent accuracy at a mile, even with a .308 consistency goes out the window at around 1500.

The catch for this rifle is I am going to have to build two different loads, one supersonic for hitting max range and one subsonic for shorter ranges when I don't want to hear a sonic crack. At least I will not have to mess with the weight of the round because I built the barrel specifically for 175 grain bullets.

.223 at 1000yds is not that much of a challenge. I can get .308 consistent enough at 1 mile unless the weather is too bad. I can usually hit 2 of 5 within the 17 inch target at 1 mile with .223 now. Not enough to call it consistent but the misses usually aren't that far outside the circle. I think with if I change out the barrel to something with a 1/7 twist it will improve that a bit as the 80grain bullets I am using should like that better than the 1/9. Hmm, like I said, it should definately be a fun challenge. No idea if I can make it happen on the budget I am willing to put out but it definately will be something fun as a side project. Not like I am planning on using it for keeping food on the table worst that can happen is I give up in frustration LOL

I guess it depends on your definition of consistency, for me at 1000 yards it is a 10 round group under 3.5" and at 1 mile under 5". Basically if your groups are not tight enough to get a kill shot on every hit then you are not consistent.

LOL, I am not talking about the GROUPS being 17 inches, I am talking about the group being ON a 17 inch target. Considering that moa at 1 mile is 17.4 inches to shoot groups consistently on a 5inch target at 1 mile would put you in the top 2 places of the last 4 bench rest world championships with a sub .3moa effort. So I am guessing you misunderstood what I said. :eek: If you aren't familiar with shooting at 1 mile it is significantly different than shooting at 1000yds for most rounds depending on where they transition to subsonic The extra 760yards makes much more difference than just ticking up the elevation an equivelant amount.
as Bill Schrader the man who set the 1000yd world record 5-shot group of 1.437", said "shooting a 1.5" group isn't exactly the same thing as being able to 'routinely' hit a 1.5" circle. The second is considerably more difficult."

The farthest I have shot was 1400 yards and it was 10 round with a .308 in a 4.2" group... and it was in the center of the target right where I calced it. That is why by my definition at a mile I consider there to be very few rounds that can hold consistency. As far as hitting your target on the first shot every time I am not sure why people find it to be difficult, it is just a matter of knowing your weapon, knowing your environment, and doing the math.

Last edited:
Fairly true. As for doing the math, it is impossible to account for the variations of wind at that distance. A heavier bullet that stays super-sonic past 2500 kind of eliminates that need, but with something as light as .223 it is going to be blown all over the place so there is a lot more involved than just the calculations. But as I said the point behind trying it with a .223 isn't to hunt or to use it for defense. I have much more reliable options for that but wouldnt consider it ethical to hunt at that distance with ANY round. It is more just to do something because most people consider it impossible and I have the opportunity to attempt it. I doubt it will even be successful as the .223 it really way to light and way under powered to reliably reach that distance without a lot of luck and a very windless day. Even a .308 is really pretty worthless at that range, In order to be consistently accurate at 1 mile you need to use a cheytech or a lapua magnum. Even an M107 in 50bmg is only really a 1-1.5moa gun with 632grain rounds. Anyways, I think it will be fun. Like I said probably not successful, but fun to attempt none the less.

Back