Post your regs!

I don't suppose anyone has a left handed regular they would like to sell, which would let me join the club??? Awesome pieces everyone.

Keeping it simple!

uLi4rcvl.jpg

I just horse traded into a Large Regular Sebenza. It only came with the box and a small allen wrench. No other paperwork or kit. So I have no idea when it was made or what kind of steel the blade is. The box has a label with "Large Sebenza" on one end. The top of the box has a sticker with:

1984-1997
13 Years of Excellence
Chris Reeve Knives

I took it apart to clean it and there were no stampings inside of the handles, but there was a faint "31" etched into the side of the blade near the pivot hole.

The edges of the the handles have small grooves in them that go from front to the back.

It definitely is a "User" as it has some scuff and scratches on it, but other than that, it is in beautiful shape.

I don't remember for certain but I think 97 was the first ye
I just horse traded into a Large Regular Sebenza. It only came with the box and a small allen wrench. No other paperwork or kit. So I have no idea when it was made or what kind of steel the blade is. The box has a label with "Large Sebenza" on one end. The top of the box has a sticker with:

1984-1997
13 Years of Excellence
Chris Reeve Knives

I took it apart to clean it and there were no stampings inside of the handles, but there was a faint "31" etched into the side of the blade near the pivot hole.

The edges of the the handles have small grooves in them that go from front to the back.

It definitely is a "User" as it has some scuff and scratches on it, but other than that, it is in beautiful shape.

I'm not 100% certain but i think they stamps came about in 97. So, it's likely this is a 1996 with a BG42 blade. Hard to tell on the blade with the angle of the photo but they will have more belly than an S30V blade. It's got the brushed non-polished hardware as well.

It's also possible this could be an earlier ATS-34 blade but it's sometimes next to impossible to tell without the original birth card and there are very few of them out there. They switched to BG42 very early on with the Regular.

I think the 31 was added by someone later. I don't remember that being a stamp CRK used and it's right under the washer. You should also have solid washers as well for this knife.

I would send it in to CRK and see if they can give you a re-issued card. They should be able to tell you the year and possibly the steel. Or, you know, let me buy it and I'll do it! :cool:
😂

Here is a better pic of the blade:

It does have solid washers. I sent in a request for info to CR Knives and this is the response I got:

"That is a Large Sebenza Regular in either a BG-42 or S30V blade steel. They were produced from 1996-2008. If it doesn't have its original birth card I couldn't give you the actual birth date. S30V blades will have an S on the blade above the pivot but you would have to remove the blade from the knife to see that."

So, I took it apart again, but there was no "S" on the blade, just the number "31". So I am guessing mine has a BG-42 blade then. I'll check and see about re-issuing a Birth date card.

Thanks!

Here is a better pic of the blade:

It does have solid washers. I sent in a request for info to CR Knives and this is the response I got:

"That is a Large Sebenza Regular in either a BG-42 or S30V blade steel. They were produced from 1996-2008. If it doesn't have its original birth card I couldn't give you the actual birth date. S30V blades will have an S on the blade above the pivot but you would have to remove the blade from the knife to see that."

So, I took it apart again, but there was no "S" on the blade, just the number "31". So I am guessing mine has a BG-42 blade then. I'll check and see about re-issuing a Birth date card.

Thanks!
Definitely looks like it has the belly of a BG42 blade. I highly suspect it's a 96 BG42 and the 31 was done by someone else. No way CRK would put a mark on the steel where the washer would come into contact.

If you do send it in to CRK, tell them not to swap out the solid washer or if they do, send the originals back so you can keep them. Not having the original solid washers can reduce the value to some collectors.

I asked about the "31" and this is the reply I got:

"I wouldn't be able to tell about the significance of the 31 until I saw it and authenticated it once we had it in hand."

So, I guess I will end up sending it in to get a birth date re-issue card and to see what else they can tell me. I will keep that in mind about the washers:)

Thanks!

1984-1997
13 Years of Excellence
Chris Reeve Knives

the number 13 on the box indicates that this is 1997. With a high probability, we can say that BG42 steel. More accurate information can be obtained by doing chemical analysis. The number 31 does not look original, perhaps the previous owner of the knife did it.

The buddy I got this from is the original owner of this Sebenza and he did not put the number 31 on the blade. I would agree that this knife is circa 1997 with a BG42 blade.

Back