Post your regs!

Might have posted this before, but playing with it today.. Factory Serrated Damascus, with a spare BG-42 Tanto from NIKC donor ,, how many serrated Damascus or Tanto Regs are out there?IMG_6368.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone else notice the thumb stud seems sharp? I was lucky enough to find a slightly used one from 2002 and the thumb stud is still blue but unusually sharp IMG_0178.jpeg

Last edited:
Does anyone else notice the thumb stud seems sharp? I was lucky enough to find a slightly used one from 93 and the thumb stud is still blue but unusually sharp View attachment 2418743
Ive not handled a reg that old, but im guessing that since that was a brand new model with a brand new style of thumb stud it was a first iteration and was changed before mine was made in 99?

Does anyone else notice the thumb stud seems sharp? I was lucky enough to find a slightly used one from 93 and the thumb stud is still blue but unusually sharp View attachment 2418743
The regular Sebenza was introduced in 96. My regular from 98 has a more domed stud then the studs of today. More comfortable in my opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_0141.jpeg
    IMG_0141.jpeg
    326.6 KB · Views: 13
Does anyone else notice the thumb stud seems sharp? I was lucky enough to find a slightly used one from 2002 and the thumb stud is still blue but unusually sharp View attachment 2418743
I took a closeup of a 2002 (gold) and 2005 (blue) for you. They look the same as yours to me. Thanks to Eric Alp Eric Alp , I finally know what people are talking about when they say "domed stud" on the earlier models. I hadn't seen one before.

All my Regs have extremely light detents and smooth, easy actions. So, I've never had an issue with the studs. It sounds like yours really is new and maybe you are having to break it in? If so, that's cool. I've often wondered what it's like to break in a Regular.

IMG_0993.jpeg

I took a closeup of a 2002 (gold) and 2005 (blue) for you. They look the same as yours to me. Thanks to Eric Alp Eric Alp , I finally know what people are talking about when they say "domed stud" on the earlier models. I hadn't seen one before.

All my Regs have extremely light detents and smooth, easy actions. So, I've never had an issue with the studs. It sounds like yours really is new and maybe you are having to break it in? If so, that's cool. I've often wondered what it's like to break in a Regular.

View attachment 2419068
Mine definitely needs to be broken in which is a great problem to have thanks for pics

Back