• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Postal Service= P. U.

Something stinks......

Oh yeah, sure....we'll only raise stamps a penny. We are such swell guys!!!
BUT!!!!! We'll raise 3 day priority from $3.25 to $3.95..........

I took a couple knives to the PO today, looks like it's approaching the point where I'll start adding shipping costs, never have before.

Add insurance or confirmation and it's almost UPS rates. At least UPS has a decent tracking system, and you can actually talk to a person when you have a problem.

P.U.

USPS tracking is a joke. It does not tell you where the package is, just that it has been shipped. UPS tells you where it is at 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. At least that way you know where to start looking if it gets lost.
tongue.gif

------------------
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" John 15:13

Mike

I agree. I sent out three knives all in priority boxes. The clerk said $18.90 (shipping,insurance,etc.)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Looks like priority is out the window for me.Now I believe I will just start using regular 1st class mail,unless buyer wants to pay the cost of priority.

Yep, a bummer alright. Especially if you use their service a lot.

FYI, sometimes 1st class = priority! For example, if you request to send a large blade like a HI Kukri via first class, which will more than likely exceed their priority weight limit per package, from the east coast to the west coast, the cost will be the same as priority or more!
frown.gif
It' s a good idea to request for one of their rate charts.

L8r,
Nakano

[This message has been edited by Nakano 2 (edited 01-09-2001).]

Back