Posting fun: Custom Knives and Makers - From A to Z

SharpByCoop

Enjoying the discussions
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Let's have some fun while we're talking about MORE important things. LOL! :p ;)

Post a knife by a maker in alphabetical order. Any Custom maker that you can find. Then we start again. :)

If possible, add into the thread WHY you might like (or not) this particular work.

Posting standalone comments is OK. Posting the next name with photo in the series is better. :thumbup:

Double alphabetical posts fine if done at the same time. Wrong letter for last name? Use the first. Or use the letter. Were flexible. :D

Get scanning, attaching, and googling.

Let's GO!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I'll start:

Dick Atkinson. No longer making knives, but completely figured out how to make sell a LOT of knives for little money, and always tossed in some filework to give it the cool handmade flair.

orig.jpg

Next...

John Cohea
Gives a whole new style to Frontier Bowies
attachment.php

I will get out of the way now so others can post.

Don Fogg
From his Shiv series, the largest that I'm aware of.
5 3/4" blade, 10 1/4" OAL.

large.jpg

large.jpg

Oops..too slow. :eek:

Doug

He he he! You gotta be quick on the trigger early on.

Out of order miss-takes are welcomed. ;)

Coop

Cool thread, I'll only post one - and because time is a problem for me right now, am posting it one "letter" early:

"CHOPSTICKS" BY ROBERT KAUFMANN - Details follow images:

xlarge.jpg

orig.jpg

standard.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

The night prior to Blade Show last year, Robert Kaufmann was chosen as one of the three finalists in the CKCA-Jerry Fisk Cutlery Challenge, as shown in the above image with Kevin Jones and Jerry Fisk. Robert is QUITE well-known in Europe and his pieces are highly prized by collectors.

These "Chopsticks" were made for me as a custom order in 2012, delivered to me by Robert in 2012. Hard to imagine, but these chopsticks even have a ground edge! Overall length sheathed of 9 3/4", unsheathed length of 9 3/8", blade length of 6 1/2". Robert only uses natural materials, and here we have Ebony and Pink Ivorywood, with leather carrier. Everything you see in this thread is sole authorship.

Finally, here's the way Robert usually incorporates chopsticks into his primary design pieces (such a piece is HUGE money - the model is "Scythe"), so be sure to follow all the images below to the last:

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Back