posting pictures

I have recently purchased a gold membership and plan on posting pics using the server here to upload the images.

What are some hints?

I have photoshop 5.0 and a nikon coolpix 950 but I do not have a scanner.

I am used to producing medical images but the files are quite large (900k-2meg) and I have never done any "web posting". I drive my family crazy by sending them huge picture files via the net and am wondering what size files will give decent resolution here but not take too long to download....what resolution is best.

thanks, custom knife pics forthcoming

Dan, resizing the photos in Photoshop to something like 6" will save a lot of space. Then Save As, selecting .jpg as the format, and choosing whatever compression quality gives you less than 100K will do the trick.

Dan, you only need 72 dpi for pics on the Web. Horizontal pics fit the screen better, and like Jerry said 6" wide is all you need. I try to keep my pics under 60K and they're usually illustrations with a lot going on. I've never had a complaint that they didn't hold up when posting here.

Very helpful guys.., I'm actually trying to come out of the dark ages to post some stuff also....thanks!

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

fe197a90.jpg.orig.jpg

fe1993c4.jpg.orig.jpg

Shelby

Moving to The Gallery where this thread is more appropriate.

Back